RunonceexMaker

echap2000

WOW!!! What an amazing app this has helped me so much i have now gone into this method due to the complexity of Xplode and the lack of time available to myslef.

Thank you so much thanks to this app i have configured my XP cd to install a mass of porgrams. Keep updating and supporting it please, i would hate to see this program left out on the side streets.

Thumbs up for this program! :thumbup

hi Echap,

Just doing some testing with v0.4. Here is some feedback for you.

1. Can we add a variable under the

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.sp2 SET CDROM=%%i:

line that is PP=Application Common Path and then instead of adding the application common path to each filename entry you just insert %PP% - this way for manual editing of the common path you simply change it as the start of the file... makes life easier. [PP = Program Path]

2. If you maximize the Runonceexmaker the input area doesn't scale with the screen size... stays at 800x600. Would be good if it automatically sizes based on the window size.

3. some of the entries in my current RunOnceEx.cmd file are being loaded to the parameter input field instead of the filename input field.. Have move things around and can not determine why this is happening... example is below.

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%PP%prepare.cmd" /f

If i edit this line in Runonceexmaker v0.4 and then save and view the file the code is as follows:

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%PP%prepare.cmd " /f

As you can see no real change to the format etc... the only thing i can guess is that the %PP% is confusing the application.

4. Some of the Descriptions get lost when i load my current (manually created) runonceex.cmd file - for example the title for Free Download Manager.

5. Some entries are lost all together. ???

I have attached my runonceex.cmd file for you to test against so you can see the errors yourself. Also attached is runonceex1.cmd - this file was created by loading my original runonceex.cmd file and then simply saving as runonceex1.cmd - you will be able to see the differences....

All other changes and additions are GREAT!!! thankyou for your hard work!!!!

Wish List:

Add database function to the runonceexmaker so that we can add all common applications into it to make life easier... then we can insert from the database to make populating the runonceex.cmd file faster... I would be more than happy to help populate the database and i would even be happy to maintain it (i can do english only)

Well i hope all this information is helpful.

RunOnceEx.cmd

RunOnceEx1.cmd

1. Can we add a variable under the "for" line that is PP=Application Common Path and then instead of adding the application common path to each filename entry you just insert %PP% - this way for manual editing of the common path you simply change it as the start of the file... makes life easier. [PP = Program Path]

Sure! :)

2. If you maximize the Runonceexmaker the input area doesn't scale with the screen size... stays at 800x600. Would be good if it automatically sizes based on the window size.
Oups!. I forgot to attribute to "Align" => alClient value !.. sorry
3. some of the entries in my current RunOnceEx.cmd file are being loaded to the parameter input field instead of the filename input field.. Have move things around and can not determine why this is happening

I know why!

Because, the program suppose that you have always got File name AND parameter ... Hummmm..

So, it divides the line into 2 parts :

Filename and Parameter. Only "blank" character separate the line..

Filename parameter

So , as you have no space, the program puts "blank" character in filename field, and the reste in parameter field..

in your code

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%PP%prepare.cmd " /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Installing Hotfixes..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%PP%hotfix.cmd " /f

if you put a blank character after your filename that has no parameter, just put a blank character at the end..

But, it will be corrected.. nice correction ;)

rem REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Ad-Aware SE 6 Pro" /f

rem REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%PP%adaware\aase6pro.exe /silent" /f

rem REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 2 /D "process -k hh.exe" /f

rem REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 3 /D "process -k ad-aware.exe" /f

I founded another "bug"... when you put "rem" commands in the beginning, the application must ignore it..

For the rest , thank you for your files.. I always test the program with 5-6 programs, so, the bugs don't appear.. It's better to get a real cmd file to test it for better :)

Thank you again !

Add database function to the runonceexmaker so that we can add all common applications into it to make life easier... then we can insert from the database to make populating the runonceex.cmd file faster... I would be more than happy to help populate the database and i would even be happy to maintain it (i can do english only)

Well i hope all this information is helpful.

I think, I'll make a INF file that will have all parameter and files..

The program will read it if it can. Then, when user will click on a button, the programm will show a second window. So the user has just make a drag and drop from second window to the main window.

It'll also be possible to add common applications from second window , or by editing the file manually.

But, you must write yourself what do you want to include.. Here is the format of INF file.

[Application1]
Description=Nero Burning Rom
File1=app\nero\nero.exe
Parameter1=/parameter
File2=app\nero\neroreg.exe
File3=regedit
Parameter3=/S register.reg

[Application2]
Description=Winamp
File1=app\winamp\winamp.exe
Parameter1=/S

[Application3]
Description=Other
File1=app\google.exe

And so on.

[Application1]
Description=Nero Burning Rom
File1=app\nero\nero.exe
Parameter1=/parameter
File2=app\nero\neroreg.exe
File3=regedit
Parameter3=/S register.reg

[Application2]
Description=Winamp
File1=app\winamp\winamp.exe
Parameter1=/S

[Application3]
Description=Other
File1=app\google.exe

And so on.

Please i could help... as for the inf files - good idea... as a secondry project later a simply little application that will allow the generation of these inf files would be handy... in the meantime over the next couple of weeks i will begin building some english inf files that can be made available here for users.

Look forward to the next build :thumbup

hi echap!

Well all stuff in v0.5 is working well and the bugs seem to be sorted out :yes: The new database function is great the way you have implimented it - some bug in this component:

1. can't drag from database window to main grid.

2. the edit function is a little confusing - in that when you select edit move and add and entry, you would expect that when you click save that the edit function turns off. That does't happen - of course it can be turned off by clicking on it again.

Suggestions:

1. if you righthand mouse click in the main grid, you should be able to select items from the database rather than having to open the database window.

This is based on some basic testing, i will do some additional testing over the next 24 hours and let you know if i find anything else.

Thanks again for your hard work - WE all appreciate it! :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

if in your CD, you have xxxx.exe file, you tell to the program : that the file name to search is this xxxx.exe

for ex.:

in your CD-rom root : I have :

d:\readme.txt
d:\setup.Exe
d:\I386\

TO find CDROM drive letter,it generates a little command that is

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\cd.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

so, instead of placing cd.txt into the CDROM (path \), you choose a file that is already exist. For the example above, I see that readme.txt exists. So in our editbox, I write : readme.txt

And in the generated code, you will se the next command:

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\readme.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...