Mar

astrocase

I am trying to install the drivers for my Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

SETUPYUKONWIN.exe v7.21.1.3

I tried to follow the instructions for an installshiled exe, but I don't quite understand what to do. Nothing is really happening for me.

d:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\MARVELL\SetupYukonWin.exe -R, does nothing other than execute the app. setup.iss is the same blank file I put in C:\windows

I've already created a slipstreamed dvd and most of it worked except this. What I tried to do, pretty much knowing that the extra quotation mark was obviously going to render this fubar, was put this in my runonceex.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller v7.21.1.3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MARVELL\SetupYukonWin.exe /S /V"/LIME %WINDIR%\YukonInstall.log

REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn" /f

I based this on the silent install instructions that came with the driver. BTW, this is for a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D board. I think I got the rest of the drivers to install although it's tough to be certain. For example there were some smbus drivers and I have no way of verifying whether they worked. All in all there were 4 chipset drivers and I'm just assuming they got installed. If anyone has a good way to verify I'd appreciate it. I got the catalysts and my 2005fpw drivers to install fine since it's obvious when those work.
4  Silent Installation

======================

In order to install the driver silently the following

commands should be executed.

4.1  Driver Installation

------------------------

SetupYukonWin.exe /S /V"/LIME %WINDIR%\YukonInstall.log

REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn"

4.2  Driver Removal

-------------------

REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn"

4.3  Driver Repair

------------------

REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress

/qn"

If I knew how to extract a installshield exe this might be a moot point since then I would have the inf files etc, but you guys tell me, since I don't know.

I'm off to find info on acrobat reader 7 and macromedia player in the mean time.

Hi

Have you tried escaping the extra quotes?

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller v7.21.1.3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MARVELL\SetupYukonWin.exe /S /V\"/LIME %WINDIR%\YukonInstall.log REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn\"" /f

You also missed an end quote.

Great guys, I needed this. My Asus p4p800-e deluxe board uses the Yukon LAN driver. It also came with Virtual Cable Tester. I don't suppose any of you have the switches for that too? Might it be done the same way?

=Edit= Just tested it and it worked:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Your_Path_Here\SetupVctWin.exe /S /V"/LIME %WINDIR%\VCTInstall.log REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn"

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think the easiest way is to integrate the Yukon drivers!

I extraced them and used nLite for my installasjon(DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR)

This is a easy and save way, works perfectly for my installasjon!!

regards

Sebastian

Sound very good, but can you please let me know HOW you extracted and included it in nLite?

Thanx.

Henk

Henk

Hoe gaan dit?

Sound very good, but can you please let me know HOW you extracted and included it in nLite?

Download latest driver.

Use WinRAR to extract these files. If WinRAR is installed on your PC, just right click on the exe and go to "extact here".

When using nLite, to add the driver, just point to these extracted files.

Blikemmer?

Om nou 'n Afrikaanse Soutie te kry of 'n Amerikaanse site?

Dit gaan goed.

Wat doen jy daar waar daar geen son is nie?

Kan ej 'n foto neem en vir jou stuur?

Henk de Swardt @ ArmCoil Afrika in sonning Suid Afrika!!!!

Henk

Hoe gaan dit?

Download latest driver.

Use WinRAR to extract these files. If WinRAR is installed on your PC, just right click on the exe and go to "extact here".

When using nLite, to add the driver, just point to these extracted files.