Gates Done It Again...

epic

Here is the thing that Gates and Microsoft did. Gates and Microsoft pushed for computers in the home. That push was not made much before Microsoft. Before Microsoft a doctor or a lawyer could afford to have a personal home computer, now because Microsoft recognized and pushed the demand a personal computer can be purchased for a few hundred dollars. Someone tell me what Unix of Apple have done to bring systems into common homes. What I see is Apple and Unix bringing the elitism that Microsoft tore down.

Microsoft is not the Ferrari of BMW. Microsoft is the Ford. Microsoft is responsible for the PC industry because Microsoft made it possible for anyone to own and use a computer. Apple can make a similar claim, but Apple has focused on their computers being for fun. Microsoft has focused on PCs being functional. Functional seems to always beat fun in the end.

• 1 month later...

but let's think, suppose at your company you could prevent a worm

Oh no not at all. I like to hear others opinions. :)

Do you think Gates think fair? Nope... it's business baby!

Excuse me but you are wrong....

Bill Gates created the entire computer industry.

Without Bill Gate there would be no internet...no computers.

The only computers would be ones that filled an entire room operated by pimple faced geeks and nerds with glasses in his mothers basement.,..

Bill Gates is very smart.

he is a lovely man.

he gave at leat $1000 million at least to poor people.no other billionaire has done that.Other billionaires just clutch the money to their chest right into the grave.

Bill gates had vision and intelligence.

He is so smart he amassed $80 billion.

he created a $120 buillion company called microsoft.

stop attacking bill gates....

he has done so much for the world.

he invented windows 95,98,98se,winme,win2k,win2003,winnt,winxp,windows vista.....

98% of ll computers use windows.

a billion computers using windows without being a geeky nerd in his mothers basement.

I dont have the time to argue about all that irony, but this one point catched my interest. Wasn't somewhere in the past, that the Windows-IP-Stack originated on BSD?

If thats true, we could say, without BSD there would be no Internet on Windows computers (or the internet would run on netbeui).

http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory;s...6/19/05641/7357

feel free to google for some more hints.

:whistle:

Didn't Al Gore create the internets?

"The internet is a series of tubes ..." (Senator Ted Stevens)

Sorry, could not resist to that pun.

Hee Hee!

To say that one man created the Internet or the PC would be as insane as saying that one man created the modern day automobile.

Almost everything we use today in the technological world is an outgrowth of many inventions and innovations by many different people over many years.

A jet engine or high speed printer could have been built in the 1800's, if only there were the metals, fuels, etc. available to make them work. Every invention, depends on many inventions and discoveries that have gone before it.

Over the past 43 years, I've grown up with computers. I've been on the cutting edge. I worked on computers with Vacc. tubes in them, then discrete transistors, diodes and resistors to build the gates and flip-flops used to build bit adders and logic gates. Then came computers using ECL logic chips, hundreds of them to do the most basic computer functions of adding and subtracting numbers, one bit at a time.

Finally, LSI chips incorporating thousands of transistors in each chip. Even the CPU chip we use today, is just a work in progress. Stacking of chips and internal liquid cooling is on the drawing boards as we speak.

What we'll be using for a computer ten years from now will no more resemble todays PC than a horse and wagon resembles a Porsche 911.

No one man can take credit for any of it. It has all been the hard work of metallurgists, chemists, programmers and thousands of lab tech's working long hours and burning lots of Midnight Oil. Been there,,,,done that.

Sorry if my post ran a bit long..... :whistle:

Cheers!

Andromeda43 :ph34r: