BlackICE Defender?

PriZm77

Don't! I repeat....don't use BlackIce...it is so full of bulletholes that it is better to use XP's firewall! Go get Zonealarm which is free and which I haven't found a port scanner yet that can break through it.

Rick:cool:

No, I have used Tiny and others also say it's really good. That should be good unless you just want to be a freak and go buy a router.

You get in the FTP section when Fthrjack reviews posts and decides that you have posted useful stuff that contributes to the forums. I'm not saying your stuff is bad....I haven't really paid attention...that is just how it works.

Rick

Guest LouCypher

I've been using Tiny 2.15 on XP and I love it. It's small and unobstursive and stops everything going in or out unless I want to let it. It isn't exactly the easiest program to use for newbies (not as dumbdowned as Zone Alarm Pro according to FthrJACK) but it has enough options to keep your system secure.

I had heard other post messages saying that ports scans on their systems running Tiny Firewall. So I connected my XP box to my ISP via 56k dialup (instead of my normal ICS LAN connection to ADSL). I then went to DSL Reports, HackerWhack, ShieldsUp!, and Kalish. I did port scans from all sites to my machine and ALL of them showed all ports stealthed.

Here are the screenshots for proof (from my homepage):

DSL Reports

Kalish

ShieldsUP!

HackerWhacker

Guest LouCypher

thats very nice, your just using WinXP firewall and Tiny

I use tiny and love it [/quote:ec6c4f3b84]

Nope, I don't run the XP firewall at all, just Tiny 2.15 final.

Btw the official messageboard that always has the latest version (including betas) is at h*tp://groups.yahoo.com/group/tinyfirewall and you can download it there and check out the official FAQ.

I just gotta say,black ice is crap,norton personal firewall works ok but its annoying and not free.

Sygate personal firewall works competently although I did had a open port which was a problem.

Zone alarm, ahhh good old zone alarm, can be defeated. I used to like it,annoying too and as I said earlier about black ice can be defeated.

All you zonies dont jump down my throat.

In lieu of a hardware solution ("the bomb") I prefer yes, tiny personal firewall

oh, its free too.:nerves