Detachedprogram & Oempreinstall=no

My findings show that with OEMPreInstall = No I cannot install devices that do not have native XP support, even though I add the files and update the registry with the DevicesPath. My next test, which I am confident will work, is to update the hive prior to installation with the DevicesPath. This will allow both F6 driver installation to work, and drivers to be integrated. However, I did want to avoid updating installation files.

My findings show that with OEMPreInstall = No I cannot install devices that do not have native XP support, even though I add the files and update the registry with the DevicesPath. My next test, which I am confident will work, is to update the hive prior to installation with the DevicesPath. This will allow both F6 driver installation to work, and drivers to be integrated. However, I did want to avoid updating installation files.

Guess this weekend I can see about proving you wrong :whistle: Probally want, but I might be bored :P

I don't believe I have OEMPreInstall=YES set in my WINNT.SIF but I'm not sure...

(get my PM about makeie.zip? :whistle: )

I hope you do!

I made the =NO CD, didn't install, changed to =YES, (only change) and it worked. The relevent section:

[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch=Yes

WaitForReboot=No

Hibernation=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OEMPnPDriversPath= ...;

I didn't try injecting the DriversPath, instead of including, but I have tried at least a half dozen combinations.

So ... do me a favor: prove me wrong!

Can we use detachedprogram to install apps like pc anywhere 10.5? The reason i ask is because im having a problem with AWGina.dll. Its messing up the windows logon screen(its in classic because of it). I know how to fix the prob but when i do it via my cleanup.cmd it doesnt work because the PCanywhere finishes its install after Xplode finishes and the PC reboots. Im guessing the the reg key is placed at the end of the installation so thats why my reg delete isnt working. My PCanywhere is the last thing to install using Xplode and then my cleanup.cmd runs...then PC reboots and i get the classic logon...

Do you have any solutions if I cant use detachedprogram to do the installation before?

• 1 year later...

If you use this detached program code, or any other for statement that does not require inline quotes, you can start a cmd or exe from the cd, or an attached external storage device. This storage device could be the source of your unattended program installation on computers without dvd drives.

DetachedProgram = ".\system32\cmd.exe"
Arguments = "/C START /min FOR %I IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %I:\OEM\detached START /min %I:\OEM\detached"

A better version would stop the loop when the first source is found instead of attempting to execute all cases..

You can populate runonceex, runonce, and guirunonce from the detached stage by editing the registry or \windows\system32\$winnt$.inf file. I have found guirunonce necassary for proper post-install timing, since the run keys get executed around the cmdlines/svcpack timing and the local machine keys are parsed.