Autopartition=1 Or 0

According to the how-to guide...

» [Data]AutoPartition=1 or 0

If you have the selection on 1 then Windows Setup will install the OS on any free partition that is available. If you remove this line or if you put AutoPartition=0 then setup will ask you on which partition you wish to install Windows onto and advises you what to do if your partition already contains an OS.

According to ref.chm...

ap.jpg

No reference to value = 0. :wacko:

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

So could it be said that AutoPartition=0 equates to "omit the AutoPartition entry from the answer file" giving rise to "If you do not set the value, text-mode Setup installs Windows on the partition where $WIN_NT$.~LS is located."? :}

edit:

:blushing: Just re-read... "If you remove this line or if you put AutoPartition=0 then setup will ask you on which partition you wish to install Windows onto and advises you what to do if your partition already contains an OS." :whistle:

I always just set Repartition to Yes in the Unattended section.

[Unattended]
Repartition=Yes

That seems to automate the partitioning and formating for me.

However, I still can't figure out how to force the unattended install to wipe out a FAT32 partition and start with a new NTFS partition. Anyone have any suggestions?

However, I still can't figure out how to force the unattended install to wipe out a FAT32 partition and start with a new NTFS partition. Anyone have any suggestions?

What about adding FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

under the Unattended section. I remember from one of my WINNT.SIF file, it has this value set.

[unattended]

FileSystem=ConvertNTFS