Confused As Helllll

bauzer71487

Alrighty.. I am trying to make the unattended setup. I have tried it 3 times now starting over from scratch everytime. The file runs okay as an iso but it refuses to do the unattended install. I already have a disk with the SP2 into it so i needed not do that part. So im onto step 4 and i have the 2 files.. the setup manager and the ref file.. i did notice that my ref file is only 908 kb while the one in the tutorial is 973?? Does this make the difference??? but continuing.. i go thru the setup manager as follows and does everything exactly as it says? Any ideas on what i coud possibly eb doing wrong?

Thnx guys i appreciate your help... here is my sif file.. yes its named as sif and not txt.

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

Filesystem=*

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=No

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

WaitForReboot="No"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey= XXXXXXXXX Its actually there thou

FullName="Brice"

OrgName=""

ComputerName=BMB

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

AreaCode=989

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=HOUSEHOLD

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]

Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]

INFID=*

[NetClients]

MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]

MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]

MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP

[params.MS_TCPIP]

DNS=No

UseDomainNameDevolution=No

EnableLMHosts=Yes

AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]

SpecificTo=Adapter1

DHCP=No

IPAddress=10.20.30.200

SubnetMask=255.255.255.0

DefaultGateway=10.20.30.1

DNSServerSearchOrder=206.141.192.60,206.141.193.55

WINS=No

NetBIOSOptions=0

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msexplr=off

zonegames=off

[Data]
AutoPartition=0

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
Filesystem=*

The Filesystem and AutoPartition lines as coded in your WINNT.SIF file will ensure that you are prompted for install partition and file system information, so this file will not create a 100% uA install.

You also might want to consider adding the following if you are installing XP with SP2.

[Data]
   AutomaticUpdates=yes

This will enable Automatic Updates and get rid of the screen that comes up either during setup or on first boot that asks you to configure it.

Another fairly common cause of WINNT.SIF not being processed is caused by a combination of factors that I don't really understand. All I know is that a lot of people have reported problems getting their uA working with the file named winnt.sif and that changing the file name to capital letters fixed it. I saw a post by prathapml in the uA Guide update thread that explained this in a little better detail, but it appears that that thread has been deleted now that the new guide is finally up.

Other than what I noted above, the file looks fine to me. Hope you can get this sorted out. Keep us posted. :)

Sveneric - Uhh i dunno

Cartoonite- I want it that way.. I know its not a true "FULLY AUTOMATED" I've got 2 hdd's and and multiple partitions. I want to be able to pick n choose. But i figured it out..

Now im gonna attempt to integrate office 2003 into it. Wish me luck. Thanks for being willing to help me out.

You guys are awesome :thumbup

AHHH, I remember how I banged my head on the desk during the early days of figuring out the unattended thingy

now I script my winnt.sif and tweak files on floppy, all but cmdlines.txt . That one has only 1 line to create my user account

the winnt.sif file is scripted to point to the floppy in the guirunonce section.

this way I can customise what gets installed, as well as usernames, passwords software installed etc.

XP and 2000 always look to the floppy for an answer file, so it was natural to do.

the pain comes in when a computer doesn't have a floppy :realmad:

most still have the floppy connector, so adding a temp drive is a solution, it's the laptops that remain a pain :angry:

so I created a batch file that copies appropriate files over to my XPCD files, creates an ISO image, then replaces/deletes said files

very handy for XP home installations where each code needs to be unique :thumbup