Install Cant Find Icfgnt.dll

install cant find icfgnt.dll when i search the source for this file all i can find is icfgnt5.dl_ i uncompressed it and renamed it icfgnt.dll but it didnt work anyone know whats going on or be kind enough to send me this dll

hirdragn@yahoo.com is my email :hello:

• 3 weeks later...

i get this same problem when i try and install xp with ryanvm's update applied.

this is the script that i start the install from winpe with.

I386\winnt32.exe /s:I386 /noreboot /unattend:unattend.txt

and this is my unattend file:-

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=1
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=No
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword="test"
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=85
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductKey=xxxxxxxx
   FullName="test"
   OrgName="test"
   ComputerName=*

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=44

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   SystemLocale=00000809
   UserLocale=00000809
   InputLocale=0809:00000809

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

pulling my hair out over this as i got all the driverpacks to work fine only to find out this is another problem. This is a standard xp cd with sp2 which i've tried without ryan vm hotfixes integration and it works fine. But with and I get the missing file error at t15.Someone please help!

g.

@gilesw

Yes, I have the same problem aswell.

If I use RyanVM update pack with a cd install, all works perfect.

If I use RyanVM update pack and I do an install from a second harddrive (using Winnt32.exe) i get a couple of errors.

1. @ T=15: install cant find icfgnt.dll

2. Windows can't open my wpi.hta (windows doesn't know the .hta extancion)

3. Windows can't find the RPC service

4. Windows installer doesn't work anymore.

see the attachment for an error report that windows created

I will post this problem on RyanVM's site tonight.

EDIT:

Click here to see my post on RyanVM's page

setuperr.zip

I had the same problem after removing windows messenger, MSN browser, etc... with nLite.

Problem was solved by not removing them with nLite, but just don't install them by editing the winnt.sif

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

media_clips=off

@ Telenut:

hm.. very intersting. I guesse that you use either winnt.exe or winnt32.exe don't you?

I think that the error has something to do with sysoc.in_ but i can't figure it out. All the components that you descriped are in there. Can someone tell be what sysoc.inf exactely does?

I've gone ever so slightly bonkers after trying to fix this problem. Only so many simulated installs a person can take. I got one xpcreate install with dp's to work last week but i couldn't understand how or why because it was some god forsaken hour in the night.

I've finally worked out what the problem is , i hope, as i've done quite a few successful installs after using xpcreate. I think the problem occurs when i include svc-swf, the updated macromedia flash cab. Seems unbelievable but it appears to be the case. I've only vmwared it so tomorrow i'll try a real install.

• 2 months later...

I too had this problem once (early with the 1.2 pack), it made me pull my hair out too, but this will hopefully fix it... It worked for me...

MsDosInitiated="0"

- Try changing this value to 1

ie: change it to

MsDosInitiated="1"

- But that also means that the WINNT.SIF that will contain this line can only be run in DOS ...

Unless, of course, you leave the original WINNT.SIF intact and put this in a HDDINST.SIF, which you would use as your answer file on installation from the second hard drive

- That way, you will make the installation working in both cases (CD install, HD install)

@ ChipCraze23

Thanks for this solution :thumbup

I tried a lot to solve this problem, but this might be my the prefect solution. I however do not completely understand what you mean :blushing:

- But that also means that the WINNT.SIF that will contain this line can only be run in DOS ...

Unless, of course, you leave the original WINNT.SIF intact and put this in a HDDINST.SIF, which you would use as your answer file on installation from the second hard drive

Do you mean here that I should leave my winnt.sif with MsDosInitiated="0" in the i386 folder (for use on CD) and put HDDINST.SIF in the same dir (or unattend.txt which I use) with the MsDosInitiated="1"?

I am not in the position to test it it yet (I don't have any spare time :( ) but thanks again!!

it is a bad burn try another CD-rw

I have that problem all the time with the cheap CD-rw........

Something to do with the temperature .. I find temp changes on the Cheap CD cause read errors after the disc changes temp,,,,,,,,,,,

When a disc messes up

I use beyond compare to compare the burnt files and it shows read errors ,,,,,,,

I know it is temp problem cause I can frezze the cd then burn them refreeze it then compare it .. refreeze it do the install no errors

but try that all in one shot with (no freeze) with a hot cheap cd it fails..................

The plain files in the I386 folder.. not the extra folders ... Are the last ones burnt onto the hot CD....... near the end.... So you know the rest of the story.....

I think spinning those high speed cheap disc around still hot are like disturbing a hot solder join it turns into cold joint like when you move the wire while the solder is cooling ......

Mac!