Unattend Install Prompts For Monitor Driver?

RichM

That did the job. I guess I should read better... :blushing:

Now, I have a hotfix and realize that this doesn't help at all. During the Unattended Installation (AI) Windows will search for the available drivers. It will find the appropriate driver but the hotfix isn't installed yet.

I use Windows XP SP2 integrated and I install the hotfixes during app install fase. Hhhmm,....

Is there a way I can integrate the hotfix in the source? :huh:

And another example of reacting to quick... :blushing:

For anyone who had the same problem. Use:

WindowsXP-KB873333-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XPCD

Where C:\XPCD should be the path to your source dir.

I'll give it a go and post my outcome.

(It'll probably take some time a I now want to integrate all my hotfixes :thumbup )

I was installing all my patches from svcpack.inf, but I used the /integrate switch to slipstream this one patch into my unattended install. It worked great and solved the monitor issue.

My company is now moving ahead with an SP2 rollout, so I will likely /integrate all of the patches in our next image.

Just an FYI,

I do RIS installs, and occasionally I get the odd PC that will appear to pause during a setup and ask for a driver, but in fact the installation continues behind the scenes with no user intervention actually required.

I do RIS installs, and occasionally I get the odd PC that will appear to pause during a setup and ask for a driver, but in fact the installation continues behind the scenes with no user intervention actually required.

Actually, that's what was happening with the setup I use. It prompted for the driver, and after about 4 minutes (yes, I timed it) it would continue on. It did pause setup during that time, which was unacceptable to my employer.

It did pause setup during that time, which was unacceptable to my employer.

An impatient fellow considering you've probably automated 90% of the setup process to begin with.

Maybe, but I like receiving my paycheck. :D The process is 99% automated, however it is quite lengthy (2-3 hours per machine) and used globally. They told me to resolve the issue, and I did. IMO, that's how employee/employer relationships are supposed to work. Besides, it wasn't difficult to contact Microsoft for the patch, once I realized there was a patch out there.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem. During hardware detection, the «Found New Hardware» wizard pops up and asks me to click "Next" so that it can find the proper drivers for "Plug and Play Monitor" When I click "Next" it just installs it, without me having to do anything.

I was going to install KB883667 but then I read that this patch is for fixing windows from hanging while installing the video driver, which is not my case (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883667). My setup does not hang, it just asks for the driver.

It seems that this problem mostly occurs on laptops. I am using an HP Compaq nx6110

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not exactly familiar with using the CMDLINES.TXT, but it mentions it gets parsed at T-12.

I dont know wether this prompt comes up for people who intergrate their Display drivers at the start of Gui Install but it is for me. :)

Couldn't you use CMDLINES.TXT to launch a batch file to install the Display drivers at T-12?

Would the;

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1280

YResolution=1024

Vrefresh=85

Still work?

I'll try it. :)

Edited by Aid