Unattend Install Prompts For Monitor Driver?

RichM

Has anyone figured out how to get around this?

I have the same problem on the XPsp2 image I'm building. Only the Dell D610 laptop gets the 'found new hardware' popup during hardware installation.

I don't have a external monitor hooked up BTW.

All the drivers are available. When I cancel out from the wizard, installation continues and the computer comes up fine with no hardware bangs.

Thanks,

CMG

I never found a workaround besides adding the drivers. I added the drivers for a Dell 15 inch monitor but I still get it for a Samsung monitor. It doesn't seem to affect the installation so I went on to better things. If you find how to disable that, please do post the solution!

Rich

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same problem with the "Found new hardware" wizard. I'll provide you guy's some extra info on my specific problems that might help us out.

I'm preparing an Unattended Installation for a company. Before I used the silent install option for driver support. After adding support for a couple of different types of machines some of the drivers wouldn't install properly anymore.

I'm now using the OemPnPDriversPath variable in winnt.sif which works fine. The UA is supporting several types of Dell desktops and laptops (GX270, GX280, D600 and D610). After adding the drivers for the X1 (a new model, very light) my installation comes up with the unwanted wizard.

My guess is that when the video driver (Dell driver, Intel Graphics Video v6.14.10.3943, A02) is being installed, Windows will be triggered to start the FNH wizard. I don't think it has anything to do with the winnt.sif or anything else in the unattended process but more likely in the driver. The reason for that is I didn't provide any display drivers at all for none of the supported types and they work fine. Normally undetected hardware will just show up with a yellow exclamation mark.

Cheers,

Michiel.

BTW The driver mentioned above was an MSI setup. I used MaSaI to extract the .inf and .cat files and added those to my OemPnPDriversPath. Driver installs fine.

KB883667 solved the issue for me (XPSP1 on a Dell Lattitude D610). The D610 I was using would not detect its own LCD display. Patch link:

KB883667

The down side is, you have to contact Microsoft to get the patch.

I tried to upload it and got the following message:

"The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

I don't have any place to host it either. :(