Run Program With Admin Privilege In Guest Account?

Stuntgp2000

Hi everyone.

I would like to run Automatic Windows Update in low privilege account and I don't know how ?

Right now I can't use any Patch Management softwares because my central PC uses Win XP Pro and most Patch Managment softwares need a Server OS.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup

Look for EPAL (Elevated Privileges Application Launcher) from Microsoft... There R also utils like SANUR, but they use password in plain text. I am creating RunAss, utility build with autoit that will provide capability of running server specified processes under more powerfull user accounts

I am creating RunAss, utility build with autoit that will provide capability of running server specified processes under more powerfull user accounts

With all due respect, you might want to consider a less "misunderstandable" name......., like "hurrydonkey"

:lol:

jaclaz

Hi everyone.

I would like to run Automatic Windows Update in low privilege account and I don't know how ?

The Automatic Updates services is run from the Local System account. It should run no matter what the priviledge of the user is.

If you would like to change the account from which it is run...

START > RUN > services.msc > OK

Look for "Automatic Updates" and double click it. Click on the "Log On" tab and change it to your likings. I recommend you don't. ;)

Cheers.