[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=DefaultHide
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   UnattendSwitch=Yes

custom drivers, yes.

cmdlines.txt run, yes.

f6 available, yes

Have you tried F6? You should find that although it's available, it does not work correctly. You will get an error further along.

Don't let them get to you, wolfien. I think you did a fine job. Integrating the hotfixes would not be a problem, either. (XPCREATE could do it for you, but that is another story) The only thing I would like to see added is a way to get OEMPnPDriversPath to work. I haven't tested it, so I don't know ... Getting the drivers over to the HDD in time is simple (Detached Program, or something like that), the real question is how to get Windows to scan the OEMPnPDriversPath (on the HDD), and add them to the list of known drivers. Again, I haven't tried, so maybe it does work! And I agree with you: I prefer to have OEMPreinstall=NO.

Don't let them get to you, wolfien. I think you did a fine job. Integrating the hotfixes would not be a problem, either. (XPCREATE could do it for you, but that is another story) The only thing I would like to see added is a way to get OEMPnPDriversPath to work. I haven't tested it, so I don't know ... Getting the drivers over to the HDD in time is simple (Detached Program, or something like that), the real question is how to get Windows to scan the OEMPnPDriversPath (on the HDD), and add them to the list of known drivers. Again, I haven't tried, so maybe it does work! And I agree with you: I prefer to have OEMPreinstall=NO.

Right on GreenMachine, your CD is the base for mine. Oh and I believe that OEMPnPDriversPath does work because the drivers that I integrate follow your procedure.

... Oh and I believe that OEMPnPDriversPath does work because the drivers that I integate follow your procedure.

Hmmm. That would imply that it is OEMPreinstall that copies them to the hard disk, and all OEMPnPDireversPath does is look on the HDD and index them. I guess that kind of makes sense. Damnit ... looks like I'm going to have to test that now ... or soon.

Right you are, BD. Anyways, I don't waste my time with the negative stuff, unless someone really needs that occasional slap in the face. Then again, I don't read most of the posts unless the title looks interesting enough, and fortunatly for me, most people post with boring titles!

Towards the end of the second page and finally a positive response for the

guy, aren't we a great bunch???

BD

Still first page for me :P

... Oh and I believe that OEMPnPDriversPath does work because the drivers that I integate follow your procedure.

Hmmm. That would imply that it is OEMPreinstall that copies them to the hard disk, and all OEMPnPDireversPath does is look on the HDD and index them. I guess that kind of makes sense. Damnit ... looks like I'm going to have to test that now ... or soon.

Right you are, BD. Anyways, I don't waste my time with the negative stuff, unless someone really needs that occasional slap in the face. Then again, I don't read most of the posts unless the title looks interesting enough, and fortunatly for me, most people post with boring titles!

And if you're one of those people that don't want to use OEMPnPDriversPath, use: http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/fi...tDevicePath.exe

It was written by Pyron,and performs the same job. All it does is parse the directories and adds them to the registry entry for Windows to find em.

%CDDRIVE%\Drivers\SetDevicePath.exe %CDDRIVE%\Drivers

Pretty simple enough.

Oh, I also changed the CODE boxes to allow them to scroll :P

Thanks, Alanoll, though you know how weary I am of using those third party applications! However, I think I'll take a look into what happens: if I all need to do is add some registry entries, no reason not to do it from a Command Script. One thing I have noticed is that at some point the directories are "indexed", creating PNF files. That make me think I need to get the files there early on. Another thing on the ToDo list ...

(Now if someone could format this post so it wasn't so wide!)

I tried the SimonSez method, with the DefaultHide mode and OEMPreInstall=Yes,

and it failed to copy the files as usual... :(

The bad news is, it worked in a VM, since it did not require the drivers to function, so they were not copied at all... but when I tried it on my * sob * brand newly re-installed windows, right after the format, it failed to copy ... AAARRGH! So now I'm re-installing windows again using the same CD I did b4... Well, so much for knowledge! :thumbup