Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
suryad

Noobie Creating First Ever Xp Custom Install Cd

Hi guys, first post. Brilliant forum. I just recently downloaded nLite and as I type I am running it so that the setup files of my cd are being copied onto the hdd. My question is that since my install is an OEM Dell cd with service pack 1a streamlined into it, so after I dump all the garbage that I do not want to install using nLite, and knowing full well that I will have to dowload SP2 to get the OS completely updated, isnt some garbage going to be installed along with SP2 that I will most likely never ever use? If thats the case, how am I to get rid of that stuff then because all nLite allows me to do is to modify an installation cd and not an install. Hope my question makes sense and lots of thanks in advance for future help. :thumbup

Remaking the installation is a good idea, because you said you remove the things that you don't want before you integrate SP2. so I recommended you should remake the installation and integrate SP2 if you want to remove again.

Lotsa thanks for the reply. But see being that I have an OEM Dell install, I do not think I will be able to slipstream SP2 into the install will I? I mean a lot of people have been reporting problems with Dell OEM cds.

I noticed that with Dell OEM SP1a, you can't slipstream SP2 into it (at least, not in the two steps 1) copy CD to hard drive 2) /integrate:SP2)

I haven't tried it (we just throw the OEM CD in a drawer and use VLE instead :) ) but I bet with a little work you could make it take SP2.

The newer Dells come with SP2 slipstreamed, and if you were really worried you could probably get Dell to send you a newer XP+SP2 CD. Especially if you call and give them a hard time about slipstream not working - shoddy job for such a big company :no: , etc... ;)