Only For English Win2k?

Weed

heya,

i just tried the newest version but it doesnt download any hotfixes except IE6 which doesnt work

IE6 will installed in the T-13 minute state i think but dr. watson (rundll32.exe made an error and will be closed) does appear when it try to install IE6

but after restart, it tries again to install and without problems this time

in the dr. watson logfile it say something with "Ausnahmefehler: c0000005 (Zugriffsverletzung)"

it just means "exception error: c0000005 (Access Violation)"

sup :)

LOGFILES.CAB

hi weed,

you can download IE6.exe websetup in your language and put it into SVC-PRE folder of XPCREATE.

When xpcreate script find IE6.exe in SVC-PRE folder, update it, if no IE6.exe is found it download english version i suppose.

Greenmachine can explain better my supposition

I've done italian version which works perfectly!

There shold be no language issues: it appears from your log file that you did, indeed, create a Germen IE6 package (you could try to install IE6SP1.EXE on another machine to test). I can see no rhyme nor reason for the error, but perhaps in a full installation, i.e. with all the hotfixes, there would be no error.

I know that there have been other Germans using this: hat keiner Glueck gehabt?

i just tried runnin xpcreate on another computer in hope its a firewall issue but no :( again no hotfixes downloaded

all i see is a new window appears "WGET", but just for 2sec then IE6SP1 begins to download o_O

thx ill try to build my IE6 package l8er, hope its possible to build my own ie6sp1-WUCAB-DEU.cab

yey i just have recognized that the freeware xpcreate doesnt download hotfixes only commercial :o

i hope GM does allow me to download the commercial even already downlaoded the freeware :(

so what does the freeware xpcreate do?

this does mean only commercial does slipstream the hotfixes or not?

The commercial version includes plug-ins that will allow automatic downloading of the hotfixes required to create the most up to date installation of Windows.

sorry, iam a bit confused today...

@Weed: The difference between the commercial and the freeware versions is listed here: http://xpcreate.com/versions.htm

The freeware version slipstreams just as the commercial version. The commercial version inludes code to connect to my server, get the latest list of hotfixes, and download them. If you want the commercial options, you have to pay the price. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I have helped the community, and continue to help the community, doing that which is difficult: slipstreaming the hotfixes. Downloading the hotfixes is something that even the least experienced amongst us can do. If you want me to do it for you, it is simply that you want me to save you time. If you consider your time that valuable ... as above: you will have to pay the price.

The short answer is:

I will consider a low priced subscription for freeware users to access the download code, and download lists. I will not be offering this service for free.

No, I will not allow you, as a freeware user, to download the commercial versions.