Hacks I'd Like To See For Win98 Se

sybesma

Explorer hack:

Make Win98 SE Explorer have more columns for things like Created date and Last Accessed date. Currently, Modified date is the only one of the three possible date columns that is employed. There is already a registry hack for Attributes, but a hack involving what I'm mentioning would require a reworked core file, I believe.

Later versions of Windows have this capability in Explorer, just not Win98 SE.

Don't know about WinME having this capability.

I think it's easier for everybody to offer links to good frewares than trying to do the same while losing time hacking M$ monkeyware

You might be right; freeware is great. But what if I want to have freeware hooked up to Ctrl-Alt-Del keystroke? I believe Tihiy mentioned he had a hack for that.. :)

BTW, does Xplorer2 allow you to view file size in BYTES (not KB), and in hexadecimal bytes? That would be nice IMHO.

But what if I want to have freeware hooked up to Ctrl-Alt-Del keystroke? I believe Tihiy mentioned he had a hack for that.. :)

There are some programs that can do that, but they aren't free.

AMN Task Manager was a great but shareware tool that offered stability for 9x/Me, but now their site is gone and i believe their company too.

I have my implementation of Ctrl-Alt-Del hooking, but they have better - taskmanager worked even in text mode if whole system crashes. I don't know if it legal to use portions of dead software, it would be great if I'll manage with it.

If not, i'll release my taskmanager as soon as it'll be translated.