Remaking The Iso Without Slipstreaming

VTshadow

Got a question for you guys.

Suppose I setup my xpcreate with a fresh source, all the hotfixes and Service packs, and add a few files to the FILESCD folder, such as an answer file to do an unattended installation. Run XPCREATE, slipstream all the patches, remake all the cabs, repackage into CDROOT, and create the .iso file to be burned to cd. That works great.

Now, after all of that work, I want to go back and change a few files in FILESCD to be included in the CD. How can I, if it is even possible, have XPCREATE just repackage the new files in FILESCD without having to go through all the trouble of redoing the cabs and slipstreaming the patches.

Basically, all I want to do is make a few changes in CDROOT\$OEM$ and remake the .iso file.

Are there any settings in the INI file that I can turn off to just do this? Or do I need to run CDIMAGE.exe and point it to the updated CDROOT? I would look in xpcreate.cmd and just rerun that command, but the EULA.txt doesn't allow that, so what's a guy to do?

Thanks for the help

VTShadow

CDIMAGE -LXPCREATE -YD -N -H -X -OCI -M -D -BBOOT\XPCTBOOT.BIN CDROOT XPCREATE.ISO

With that you can make changes in CDROOT, and re-create the ISO. However, if you are changing anything that is manipulated by XPCREATE, such as hotfixes or system files, you may need to re-run the whole shebang