Integrating Kb886903 Into The Dotnetfx Folder

Body

As you may know the WinXP Setup CD's that are already integrated(by Microsoft) with WinXP Sp1 or Sp2 package have a directory called DOTNETFX. This folder contains the necessary setup files of .NET Framework 1.1 and its SP1. The Setup can be triggered via the 2nd page of the AutoRun Menu of the CD by clicking "Install .NET ..." as you also know :rolleyes:

I want to know is there any way to integrate the KB886903 hotfix which is a patch made for .NET 1.1 Sp1, into this folder without changing the structure of the folder.

I have tried some methods(including editing the XPSP.ini,BASELINE.DAT,DFFACT.DAT,VS_SETUP.PDI) but none of them worked. :}

I know there are other ways like making a new package or integrating with the WinXP Setup but i need it in this way..

Thank You..

Somewhere on this forum there is a post specifying how to integrate .NET 1.1 Service Pack 1, which invloves creating an administrator install, and applying the service pack, NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe. I use this method, and then apply the service pack patch, NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe, and it seems to work fine, in that neither Windows Update, nor the Baseline Security Advisor complain. I am not sure how to integrate that onto the CD, as I havenot tried, but I suspect it is do-able.

I am not sure where that post is now ... but I do believe RyanVM, amonst others, posted there.

Please post your results to share with others!

yes when .NET SP1 first came out, i made an admin install of .NET and slipstreamed SP1 into it. then I created a 7zip installer of it and dropped it into svcpack without any switches needed in svcpack.inf. to add the hotfix all i did was extract what i had in svcpack to a folder, integrate the update, and throw all the files back in the 7zip installer and into svcpack. if someone wants me to send it to them i will. the file is 12.8 mb.

• 4 months later...