For Those Who Can't Download The Driverpacks

djbe

Here's a little guide for those who can't download the driverpacks... Let's take as example the driverpack BASE (click on the images to see a bigger version, I lowered the quality for 56k users :D)

Note: If you have a popup blocker, please disable it (or use a function to disable it temporarly (generally holding the CTRL key while clicking).

Note 2: Please have Javascript enabled, and have a browser that supports Javascript 1.2. If you have the latest browerversion, like Internet Explorer 6 or FireFox, there should be no problem.

Note 3: If you have Protowall running, it will block the ads (so that they won't be shown). You won't be able to click on the ads to make the links appear. Please disable Protowall temporarly or maybe configure it to allow the ad (I don't use the program, so I don't know it's features)

STEP 1

Goto this page: http://www.btsunattended.net/Projects/DriverPacks/BASE.htm

You will see a link on the bottom of the page: "Download It". Click on that link.

1small.jpg

STEP 2

On this page, you'll see a description of the file (size, ...). Click on the "Download button"

2small.jpg

STEP 3

A new window should have opened. In this new window, you'll see a license agreement. Now you have two options. The first one is clicking on the ad on top of the page, and WAIT till the page is FULLY loaded.

3small.jpg

The second option you have is to donate some money. Just click on one of the buttons on the bottom of the page, and WAIT till the page is fully loaded to follow the instructions to donate.

4small.jpg

STEP 4

No matter wich option you chose, if you waited till the page loaded FULLY after clicking, you may close the window to return to the download page. There, you'll see that a new link will have appeared! You can click on it, and download the driverpack!

5small.jpg

If you still have problems after following this guide, then please post your problem here, with browser version, OS version, and other details that might be relevant.

ive said before im using the latest available ie... java enabled, popup blocker is google which i hold ctrl to bypass, but that wouldnt affect the ads since the page that is supposed to have the ads load fine without me holding ctrl...i need to know the address for the ads so i can remove from my hosts file...and as i said, usually when blockin ads, you get a red x (or an x) where the ads are sposed to be, this is called a placeholder...i do not have a placeholder for the ads.

do you mean iframes? cause the google ad produces an iframe, dynamically with java script:

it uses some "document.write" so that it dynamically writes an iframe tag to the page

in that iframe, the ad itself is loaded. But uhm, the location of the ad? It changes everytime...

Using Firefox's DOM inspector, you could find it... These are some I got:

pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-2034169551702599

&dt=1108462156093&lmt=1108316628&format=468x60_as&output=html

&channel=3572489167&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.btsunattended.net%2FProjects%2FDriverPacks%2F

&color_bg=FFFFFF&color_text=000000&color_link=0000FF&color_url=008000&color_border=336699

&ad_type=text&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=745&u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=60&u_his=1

&u_java=true&u_nplug=16&u_nmime=56

pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-2034169551702599

&dt=1108462587531&lmt=1108316629&format=468x60_as&output=html

&channel=3572489167&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.btsunattended.net%2FProjects%2FDriverPacks%2FLAN.htm

&color_bg=FFFFFF&color_text=000000&color_link=0000FF&color_url=008000&color_border=336699

&ad_type=text&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.btsunattended.net%2FProjects%2FDriverPacks%2F

&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=745&u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=60&u_his=2&u_java=true&u_nplug=16&u_nmime=56

As you can see, the part in bold will also change for every different page you see. The 'dt=xxxxxxxxxxxxx' will change the ad itself.

edit: woops, those links are kinda wide :P

edit2: Hey, little question: if you can't see bashrat's ad, can you see the google ad on the msfn site?

there is a google ad on msfn site?  where?

I have this in my hosts file.

127.0.0.1 pagead.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead1.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

Every ad you don't see is less money to keep MSFN afloat. And yes, they're at the top of EVERY forum page.

Just see if I could, I can't get to the download either. Instead of a popup coming up, the page loads in the same window, and then when clicking back still no link. On a lighter note, good way to pay for them webhosting services :P Getting people into a loop of clicking ads

Alanoll:

are you using firefox? If so, check your settings about opening new pages, it's under the 'advanced' part of your FF settings.

edit:

the donate buttons have been fixed. They now stay in the same window instead of opening a new one.

weird...

Does IE show that little icon on the bottom left of your window when clicking on the button (aka a script error)? Is there anyone else who has this problem? I'm working on a fix, but just for testing, when you click on any link in my first post, does it open in the same window or in a new one (take for example the link to driverpack base)?