Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

still do restart like 7.0.5 when run on oridinary windows having installed AR?
1. Unattended installer is intended to be run during Unattended Windows XP install process and not as "update" feature.

2. Yes, it WILL reboot, if there are locked Adobe files in your system. The files become "locked" after first use of Adobe reader after Windows restart;

3. Uninstall previous version manually, or close all programs, kill & restart explorer.exe task in Task List to be sure Adobe files are not locked on "ordinary Windows" if you need to update it without restart.

Edited by Vid0

Guest Mechach

@ maniaq

Hey Vid0,

as i have seen i can't edit the ar705.msi file, yu have done something or what....

i want to edit it because i want to remove the desktop icon..... what shoul i do???

do i have to use other program to access the file or what, now i'm usinf adminstudio

p.s. i'm not going to upload it because it is your's made, not mine.....so....

1) Don't use adminstudio, Installshield or Wise Package Studio Pro

2) Use 'Installer Design Studio'

All of these msi editors work very well with the original adobe msi file, but only the last one can edit vid0 modified ar707.msi

• 3 weeks later...

This certainly isnt the 5meg that this topic started out with, but this is what i have to offer.

This is a stripped down version of Adobe Reader 7.0.8(english). Try it for yourself, see if it meets your needs. I have no problems whatsoever viewing and printing pdf's containg graphics etc. This installer is SVCPACK compatible.

Get it here (7.95meg / MD5 = 70ff240586d957771727968b1124d159)

These pics from AdminStudio correspond to feature and files removed. Highlighted items are removed.

feature7mq.jpg

files7em.jpg

shark

Edited by Shark007

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(Sorry, I'm not the first to create Lite version of Adobe Reader this time, but better now than never).

Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 English Unattended Lite:

Download here

Size - 6.25 Mb, MD5Hash = 8d89537fd33a036effe6fa899d2f174f

Edited by Vid0

(Sorry, I'm not the first to create Lite version of Adobe Reader this time, but better now than never).

Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 English Unattended Lite:

Download here

Size - 6.25 Mb, MD5Hash = 8d89537fd33a036effe6fa899d2f174f

Hi Vid0!

great, but prior i download/use your file, can you please specify more what issues might occur (I`m mean what dll it doesn`t contain)

Simply, are all above bugs fixed? I mean shortcuts etc....

I will use it on very clean UA install with Net.Framework 1.1 as first line in RunOnceEx....

Thanks mate!

Edited by embe

Hi Shark,

how to install your version silently so no progress bar will be visible? Which switch I have to use? It works perfect but this is the only thing I need to solve...

Thanks

Edited by embe

Any idea how to install Shark`s Adobe reader so no progress bar shows during instalation? Which switch to use?

Thanks,

Either you'll have to repackage it, or go to the store while your unattended CD is installing.

Most people dont sit and watch unattended installations. ALL my installers are unattended but with visual props for those sitting and watching not to get to bored.

shark

it depends....I would have really silent UA install...I think...it looks much better without progress bar...isn`t this a purpose of UA install? I can`t see any differnece between boringness either with or without progress bar - it`s the same. So I prefer really silent install just with list of apps which win currently instals.

So is there a chance to install your Adobe reader really silently without repacking?

So is there a chance to install your Adobe reader really silently without repacking?
nope. You will have to repackage it using a selfextract module that allows hiding the extraction progress and then use /qn as the installation switch.

shark

nope. You will have to repackage it using a selfextract module that allows hiding the extraction progress and then use /qn as the installation switch.

shark

Thanks mate, great lite pdf reader with zero issues :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...

How Can I add spanish language directly to the installation pack (is the same, vid0 or shark007) I know that when I copy RdLang32.esp (in this case) and execute Adobe Reader for first time program question me for select language (english or spanish) how can I do for add the file and this will be copied in the program folder....? I need to edit .msi file or what, thanks...