Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

Oh, sh#t I forgot to fix this stupid shortcut in this version. As a quick fix you need to copy shortcut on desktop over a shortcut in Start menu. That’s it ;-) Do you think it's so important and I need to reupload a fixed version now?? Hmmmmm.... Find some more important bug ;-)

Well... if you'd tell me how you got the size down, I could upload it for ya... I've already fixed it. ;)

Oh, sh#t I forgot to fix this stupid shortcut in this version. As a quick fix you need to copy shortcut on desktop over a shortcut in Start menu. That’s it ;-) Do you think it's so important and I need to reupload a fixed version now?? Hmmmmm.... Find some more important bug ;-)

Well... if you'd tell me how you got the size down, I could upload it for ya... I've already fixed it. ;)

Zxian, vid0 doesn't use StartX, he uses msistub which is very small (2.5 KB).

Thanks for clearing that up dale5605. I didn't know what that little thing was, but I figured that it was important.

However, after removing it, the best compression I can get is still only 6,425 KB! I've tried just about every combination of settings in 7zip... :(

• 2 weeks later...

1st i would like to thanks those of you (including Vid0 and probably others people i forget to mention) that updates their silent installer each time Adobe release a new minor version.

I have one question?

how hard would it be to create a second 7z SFX that install silently the localized ressource binaries and then change registry settings to switch AR7 to our language.

like Ahead Nero install: Nero base and then language pack.

With the older AR5, it was possible to install ENU version and then put localized ressource binaries in the install folder and set the default language with a registry key value.

Not sure it can be done with AR7 but as your look inside the MSI files to reduce size, you can probably answer my question.

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

Found an answer to my previous post:

unpack RdLang32.FRA (1)

to install folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader

in registry set value

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\Language\current]
@="rdlang32.fra"

put localized binary in respective folder

nppdf32.FRA for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\Browser\nppdf32.dll

AcroPDF.FRA for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroPDF.dll

xxxxxxxx.FRA for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\plug_ins\xxxxxxxx.api

(1) .FRA is the extension for french language. change the extension with your own language ressource binary

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded Vid0's installer, but when I go to run the Acrobat Reader for the first time post install, I get Windows installer trying to install something. Then I get an error that "the feature you are trying to use in on a network resource that is unavailable".

so is their a proper version?

Yea, look on Adobe site for "proper" version.

batch script to move the shortcut from "Common Desktop" to "Common Programs":

@ECHO OFF
SET FILENAME="Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"
SET SECTION="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
SET KEY="Common Desktop"
::Read value in registry
call readreg %SECTION% %KEY%
SET SRC=%RegVal%
SET KEY="Common Programs"
::Read value in registry
call readreg %SECTION% %KEY%
SET DST=%RegVal%
:: remove leading and trailing quotes
SET FILENAME=%FILENAME:"=%
SET FILENAME=%FILENAME:"=%
:: move shortcut
move /Y "%SRC%\%FILENAME%" "%DST%"
exit

download Rob van der Woude readreg.bat script and save in the same folder as my batch script.

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...