Flashed Wrong Bios

Daos

Can someone lend me a hand here? I accidently flashed my BIOS with a file from another manufacturer and now my system won't boot. The system just starts up and shuts down a second later. I can't reflash it because i cant boot from anything or see anything. Please help, tia.

Did you try reseting the BIOS to factory settings. You can do that by using the reset jumper (Read you m/b manual) or by removing the battery (usually).

A corrupted BIOS usually shows a message such as ' BIOS ROM checksum error' after it has been set to factory deafualt settings. At this point you can flash the correct BIOS.

If you flash a Mobo with the wrong bios, theres no turning back...

If you have a removable bios chip you can have it reflashed with the correct bios, some manufacutres do this for a charge, some dont do it at all. There are also some 3rd party companys that do this as well.

You could try to send the board in for service and have it replaced, if it is still under its warenty.

Other then those options your kinda out of luck

:}

|Drew|

If you flash a Mobo with the wrong bios, theres no turning back...

If you have a removable bios chip you can have it reflashed with the correct bios, some manufacutres do this for a charge, some dont do it at all. There are also some 3rd party companys that do this as well.

You could try to send the board in for service and have it replaced, if it is still under its warenty.

Other then those options your kinda out of luck

:}

|Drew|

A few motherboards have a last chance feature that enables then to boot from a special floppy to flash the bios even when the bios is corrupted. Check with your manufacturer, maybe you are lucky.

"Some newer PCs come with a boot block feature that enables them to recover from a corrupted BIOS situation. If the BIOS code is whacked, a tiny built-in program will look on the floppy drive for the appropriate files to reload the BIOS. You should contact the manufacturer for instructions."

I have done something simular

there where 2 BIOS for the same motherboard the IO chip was diffrent on the later versions and I flashed it with the wrong one.

I did a hot swop and flashed it in another motherboard and put it back and all way well.

NOT for the fant hearted!! Nore recommended

Some newer PCs

what wrong information are u talking about.

I personally flashed my old 486 computer with the wrong bios

i sent it for repair they said sorry. bios is fryed we hv to order a new one.

if he HAD a new PC it would never have happened. Why like i said

NEW PC boards Check to see if the bios update is compatible.

Check your FACTS before u SPEAK . LOL

if he HAD a new PC it would never have happened. Why like i said

NEW PC boards Check to see if the bios update is compatible.

Another blanket statement, and wrong again. The flashing software written by some manufacturers checks for compatability not the "PC board" itself. It's still quite possible to go to a modder, download a hacked bios which has it's own flashing software and flash the wrong bios on a new pc. Happens all the time. Check your facts.

462_36_5_2.gif

Too bad all your facts is not helping Daos. Apparently if you were right

he would have posted back again and said thank you BeenThereB4.

you made how many post to tell Drewdrip and I your right and we are wrong.

I wonder where has that gotten Daos? Apparently no where. So this is just

an exercise in futility. Round and Round it goes. But in the endm Daos is

the one that loses. Stop being so obsessed with being "what u think" is right.

You keeping sprouting trivia, u dont even ask what kind of board he has

how old it is what kind of bios, who is the manufacturer. Nothing u just keep

posting.

Poor Daos.

Anyways Daos check the links below for more info. Good luck to you.

i agree with Drewdrip 100% and dont worry about it. Just pop in a new bios chip

and you will be up and running again.

http://www.computing.net/windowsme/wwwboard/forum/44354.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic10346.html
http://www.digimate.co.uk/biosfaq.htm
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/compFlash-c.html
http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,34/func,view/id,7385/catid,12/

462_36_5_2.gif

Too bad all your facts is not helping Daos. Apparently if you were right

he would have posted back again and said thank you BeenThereB4.

But he hasn't bec your wrong. LOL

Uh oh, my bad ---- got caught by a troll. (Who later edited and added to his post to make it a less obvious troll, but what you see quoted here is the original complete and unabridged trollwork. My apologies to the mods for getting caught up in postings by the troll!!)

Oh and the missing image above was of an ugly character sticking his tongue out and making a face.

Astalavista, making friends again? I don’t understand why de admins don’t kick you’re a** of MSFN.ORG. :realmad:

EDIT: Okay, you wrote me a PM but I can´t PM you bc you blocked me. You know you were wrong on the forum for many times but I can see you will be less bold to people on the forum from now on.

@ Daos

Can you remove the BIOS chip easy? If it´s the old type BIOS chip then you can remove it easy...

1. Remove BIOS chip from the motherboard

2. Boot with other motherboard and the right flash-util.

3. When booted, remove the BIOS chip from that motherboard too

4. Plus in the "faulty" flashed BIOS and start to flash that one with the good BIOS.

5. Turn of all and replace BIOSes again.

WARNING: This is a HOT-SWAP procedure; it can destroy your motherboard. I did it a lot of times with 100% success, but be careful please.

BUT, if you have waranty, use that and DON´T say anything about flashing the BIOS. 90% Of RMAs are flashed wrong ;).