Hotfix Disintegrate Tool

IRP

Hotfix Disintegrate Tool v1.0 Final

This tool lets you to disintegrate hotfixes that has been integrated in your distribution folder with the /integrate switch. Multilingual support.

For example, if you have previosly integrated the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB834707), now you can disintegrate it and integrate the new Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB867282).

Changelog:

- v1.0 Beta, February 13, 2005 < First Release

- v1.0 Final, February 13, 2005 < Added new help and minor improvements.

Steps:

1. Download the attached file and uncompress it.

2. Double click on it, read the help.

I made this tool for all of us. Enjoy.

Any Questions? Any Suggestions?

Vesion 1.0 Final:

disintegrate1.0.rar

Edited by IRP

@IRP

I'm just going through a making sure there aren't problems with the recent upgrade....so...

Did you attach a RAR or a GZ file? As when I try to download it I get a corrup GZ file. Just making sure so I can report it to have it fixed :)

EDIT: NVM. Attachment fixed :)

Edited by Alanoll

@Allanol

Thanks. Can you change the description of the topic? I forgot a r: Your ...

@Everyone

The [Path] argument can be a relative path to the distribution folder too.(with quotes).

For example, if current dir is "C:\Build\Tools\Disintegrate" and distribution folder is C:\Build\XPCD, we can run:

disintegrate "..\..\XPCD" KBXXXXXX

where XXXXXX is the hotfix number.

@ orrwell and anyone else either interested or not happy running an encoded vbs with no idea what it does.

Just Google for ScriptDEcoder.vbs, it'll convert it to a readable vbs.

<Edit>

To use it just type

wscript.exe <full path to>\ScriptDEcoder.vbs <full path to>\disintegrate.vbe

into the Start =>Run box and click OK

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

I can't blame you for obfuscating like that, IRT :P

I'm going to be doing the same for my upcoming 1.2 update pack release for a batch file I wrote by compiling it to an EXE. You have no idea how many questions people send me about why things work the way they do, and I frankly hate being asked.

@orrwell

1. If i want to ofuscate the code, simply i release an exe. The main problem with scripts is user manipulate. After manipulation people could blame me.

2. Do you like the script? Can you tell me any suggestion?

3. I assume that if you want the code, you're interested in the script so... please... run it, and talk about the script!!

4. Anyway, the decision of release the code is only of the developer and you don't say anything about it, independently the forum, this forum isn't explicity an open source forum.

5. I hope that you never release a closed source application.

@Alanoll

I know what you are thinking. ;) Do you remember? Ok ok, i was less respectful.

@Alanoll

I know what you are thinking.  Do you remember? Ok ok, i was less respectful.

I have regained my faith :P Glad to see you know what I was talking about now :P

Now on to this thread: DON'T START BATTERING EACHOTHER!

As said, it's the DEVELOPER's choice to decide how their code is distributed and what risks that want to in the process.

Please stick to the subject fo teh SCRIPT and any further enhancements or improvements you may think it needs. Also don't be afraid to post your general opinion.

And now mine, though I haven't used it, I'm always glad to see something new. :P That being said, I just don't really have a use for this :P I update my CD maybe once a month at which point I usually remake the entire thing then edit the working one. Just avoids complications later on.