Old XPlode, file move/shortcut/etc..

BAM

Hi all, enjoying the weekend?

Need a little help with a startmenu for Dutch windows xp.

I'm still using the old XPlode 1.1.2 version because file plugin isn't working for the new one at this moment. (ill wait for that one in silence :whistle: )

My problem is about an" ' " sign.

In English i use: \Start Menu\Programs

But Dutch is like: \Menu STart\Programma's

XPlode can't handle that little thingy between the a and s.

Is there someone who can help me out here?

Here are 2 samples, english is working, dutch not:

English:

<item display='Moving startmenu files / directorys'>
<move source='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Eset\NOD32.lnk' target='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Security\NOD32 Antivirus\NOD32.lnk' />
</item>

<item display='Creating start menu shortcuts'>
<shortcut display='Ad-Aware' program='%ProgramFiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe' description='Spyware remover' link='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Security\Ad-Aware SE Professional.lnk'/>
</item>

<item display='Creating Desktop shortcuts'>
<shortcut display='Ad-Aware' program='%ProgramFiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe' description='Spyware remover' link='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Ad-Aware SE Professional.lnk'/>
</item>

<item display='Cleaning up'>
<delete source='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk' />
</item>

Dutch:

<item display='Verplaatsen startmenu files / directorys'>
<move source='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Eset\NOD32.lnk' target='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Security\NOD32 Antivirus\NOD32.lnk' />
</item>

<item display='Aanmaken start menu snelkoppelingen'>
<shortcut display='Ad-Aware' program='%ProgramFiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe' description='Scan voor Spyware en Verwijder deze' link='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Security\Ad-Aware SE Professional.lnk'/>
</item>

<item display='Opschonen'>
<delete source='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Adobe Reader 6.0.lnk' />
</item>

I'm very happy if someone can give a really fast reply, I really need to finish off...

Thnx in advance.

:blushing: That's all..!?

<items>
<item display='Aanmaken start menu snelkoppelingen'>
<shortcut display="Outlook Express" program="%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" description="Blah Blah" link="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Internet\Outlook Express.lnk"/>
<shortcut display="Address Boek" program="%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\wab.exe" description="Blah Blah" link="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Start\Programma's\Internet\Address Boek.lnk"/>
</item>

And it worked like a charm! :thumbup

The double " thingy did it.

Are there any limitations to this? Or is this the way you want it to be used because of the prob's i had with it?

Thnx.

It works super for me, still very happy with your tool.

Sorry that i don't use the new version at this moment, but i use lots of file movement/shortcut/cleaning beside's the program installations.

When u are ready to release that, ill be around for sure! :whistle:

No hurry's ofcourse.

Still one little question, do you have a very small amount of time to look over my xml sheet that i used so far? I want to know if there are things in it you should use in another way.. Or maybe it's fine the way it is!?

let me know.

Thanks again, for the reply.