How to make a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

keytotime

You're most welcome, mate :)

However, i'm affraid i cannot really be of any help with your next problem, unfortunetly - except if the error message you saw where about not being able to find the inf file altogether, which then would be because you haven't entered the path to the inf in the 7z-sfx, as opposed to the RAR-sfx...

About your other question, then 7z.exe is 7-Zip's command-line version and it's dynamically linked(externally) to the libs in the 7-Zip distribution, whereas 7za.exe is the stand-alone version, which has the libs statically linked(internally), and is restricted to only support 7z, zip, gzip, bzip2, Z and tar.

Lastly, then just a little tip... When working with the 7z installer sfx module, then the archive is always unpacked into %temp%, except if defined otherwise, so you would actually then only need the two 'RunProgram' parameters and could ditch the 'InstallPath' one...

Edited by Martin H

Your SFX editing is not working because of 1033... Change it to zero "0"

zeroru7.jpg

EDIT: Try this config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
InstallPath="%WinDir%\\Temp\\Avira"
RunProgram="%%T\\basic\\setup.exe /inf=setup.inf"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c tskill avscan"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

or this

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
InstallPath="%WinDir%\\Temp\\Avira"
RunProgram="%%T\\basic\\setup.exe /inf=\"%%T\\basic\\setup.inf\""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c tskill avscan"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

%%S - full path to the SFX archive file

%%T - full extraction path

Edited by ricktendo64

All that hacking with ResHacker confuses me, why not make the silent installer with WinRAR? Please don't say "why are you asking that in a 7z topic" :rolleyes: Just seems simpler with WinRAR, you only need the comment and pack a QBFC exe with it to do the business. You can even pack in 7za.exe and do it that way with a 7z archive inside the WinRAR SFX archive. :angel

Edited by LeveL

Well, for starters because 7-Zip is free, much more advanced(with the moded module) and features better compression...

Personally, then i never change the icons away from the defaults, as the icons for me is totally irellavant, but to each there own, of course :)

All that hacking with ResHacker confuses me, why not make the silent installer with WinRAR? Please don't say "why are you asking that in a 7z topic" :rolleyes: Just seems simpler with WinRAR, you only need the comment and pack a QBFC exe with it to do the business. You can even pack in 7za.exe and do it that way with a 7z archive inside the WinRAR SFX archive. :angel

Winrar is nice but not free, not a terrible difference with compressions though. Just remember the more compression can sometimes mean greater installation time. Gotta weigh the difference & the speed of the machine your installing on.

the software doesn't work for all the software

i didn'd success to create switchless file

who can help me?

Sometimes just running the installer with the /? switch will give you a pop up of switches, other times just looking at the installer icon and trying other known switches like /S or /SILENT & /VERYSILENT can yield you a switch Edited by ricktendo64

Search MSFN/google for :

<programname> silent install

If there isn't a silent switch provided in the used installer, then either write an AutoIT script, or simply capture all the added files, folders and reg-entries(with e.g. Regshot unicode) and then make a batch/reg-file.

it is no help me

i want to make switchless install for icq6.who can help me with "-switch"?

Let me remind you the topic of this thread: "How to make a 7-Zip Switchless Installer" - it's not "What are the silent-switches for ICQ6?" :whistle:

I did a (really short and fast) search via Google and found out, that you have two options: using AutoIt (I've got a script for the german version of ICQ, you only have to make it compatible to your own language) or simply use an SFX-archive!

This is the (german) AutoIt-script made by Monchi from the german-nlite.de forum:

run ("Install_ICQ6.exe")
WinWait ("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to ICQ")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Welcome to ICQ", "Button1", "Check")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Welcome to ICQ", "Button17", "UnCheck")
ControlClick("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Welcome to ICQ", "Button2")
WinWait ("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard", "Custom Installation")
ControlClick("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Custom Installation", "Button9")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Custom Installation", "Button15", "UnCheck")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Custom Installation", "Button16", "UnCheck")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Custom Installation", "Button18", "UnCheck")
ControlClick("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Custom Installation", "Button2")
WinWait ("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard", "Bevor Du loslegst")
ControlClick("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard","Bevor Du loslegst", "Button2")
WinWait ("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard", "You successfully installed ICQ 6")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard"," You successfully installed ICQ 6", "Button27", "UnCheck")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard"," You successfully installed ICQ 6", "Button28", "UnCheck")
ControlCommand("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard"," You successfully installed ICQ 6", "Button29", "UnCheck")
ControlClick("ICQ6 - InstallShield Wizard"," You successfully installed ICQ 6", "Button2")
RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "ICQ")

And here you can download a ready-to-go SFX-file, that installs ICQ6 unattended to %programfiles%\ICQ6 and creates a shortcut on the desktop: http://www.file-upload.net/download-753288/ICQ6.exe.html. The ICQ-datas are saved in "User\Application Data\ICQ"!

It shows a progress-screen when extracting - if you want it to install completely silent, simply change the method in the SFX-comment.

Anyway, you have to learn something about wether AutoIt or WinRAR-SFX-archives ;)

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

COOL400

thank you very very very much i love you!!!

in addition my english is not very god therefore try to understand me

i want to learn to create silent install for any software.where i can learn it?

second i want to make silent switchless for icq6 in hebrew i can do it by change thw finstall file in the archive that i download?

Edited by rafi2391