How to make a 7-Zip Switchless Installer

keytotime

I got a problem, nice guide though :)

the problem is this

Im converting all my WinRAR SFX installers to 7-Zip SFX installer, and im using 7-Zip on some Install Shield installers.

One of them is Anti virus Kit 2004 from GData, and I had it installing fine before with the switches i use in the config.txt which is saved with UTF-8 encoding like stated in the guide.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\avk.log\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

The setup.iss is in the archive aswell, and being as its ran from %CDROM% variable, it needs to have the avk.log assigned to it too according to the unattended guide made by Allanol.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to run multiple commands in config.txt?

For example, applying reg tweak after running setup.exe

Well for the problem i posted above, I have sorted it using a .cmd file.

Seems to you cant run a installer which needs. iss from the config.txt.

So to do what you want make a .cmd and include it in the Archive.7z

setup.exe /switch /anotherswitch
/wait REGEDIT settings.reg

Then call the .cmd file from config.txt

I got a problem, nice guide though :)

the problem is this

Im converting all my WinRAR SFX installers to 7-Zip SFX installer, and im using 7-Zip on some Install Shield installers.

One of them is Anti virus Kit 2004 from GData, and I had it installing fine before with the switches i use in the config.txt which is saved with UTF-8 encoding like stated in the guide.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\avk.log\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

The setup.iss is in the archive aswell, and being as its ran from %CDROM% variable, it needs to have the avk.log assigned to it too according to the unattended guide made by Allanol.

Any ideas?

Try ising the /SMS switch with the setup. Note this switch should be upper case as shown. RunProgram="Setup.exe -s -SMS -f2\"%systemdrive%\avk.log\""

Install Shield Command Line Parameters

http://zacky.cleverits.com/IT/is_cmdline.htm

MSI Online Commandline Generator ("CleverMSI-OCG")

http://zacky.cleverits.com/IT/MSI/msi_cmdline.htm

With 7Zip the files are extracted to the temp folder, the setup.exe is run and then the files are removed from the temp folder. The SMS option prevents setup.exe from returning before all child process have completed. This way your files aren't deleted until your install finishes.

Thanks for the tutorial! For clarification, the exe that I'm gonna put in the config is the setup application that's gonna launch the setup right? For example im mp10setup.exe, there is the setup_wm.exe file inside. That's the exe that I'm gonna put in the config.txt right?