are u enjoying 98se these days?

tim_horton

OH, i'm on record to how good it's running-- tons faster: pages load so quickly, screeens refresh so quickly for the OS itself, not just explorer & IE.... more apps can be run concurrently... better recovery when low on resources.....

I have nothing but good things to say..... & no bad tradeoffs to have to swallow..

I am certainly enjoying the new SP2 however I have one small problem that I need help to work around.

After downloading and installing SP2, something funny is happening with my networking. I can be on the net for hours, my browser is Firefox. When I leave the computer, I am unable to get back on the net. I am unable to get back on the net until I reboot my computer and then everything is fine again, until unattended again.

I run a wirless card, and have checked all startup programs and although nothing has changed, I unable to fix this little annoying problem.

Any help would be appreciated. :blushing:

:hello: yes my 98se is running great thr sp pack helped and the other update along with visual changed thxz to tihny miko etc its looking more 21century than stock i imagine people will keep making appz or sp etc for years to come maybe make a two way kernel who knows hail 98se ..

:hello: with all the new sp2 tweaks updates etc is your pc running better than it once was? have u notice less crashes etc.tell us here?

Yes. It's faster and it even looks better. And it hasn't bluescreened on me since SP 1.6.2. I use it professionally because I would have to rewrite TONS of scripts to run on 2000/XP otherwise.

not yet

got 1 GB,98 sees it,maybe in a few years i'll go past 1 gb

wish we could slipstream the 512 mb fix into the 98 install so we would not need a limit of 512 the to put the rest of it in.maybe the only way is to rewrite 98 se or take parts of it out and put em back in with the fixes.