Framedyn.dll and Srclient.dll missing

BallTongue

I only see this error when my pack is integrated improperly (generally missing txtsetup.sif entries, which in turn angers sysoc.inf when it's executed). You guys should check your txtsetup.sif and see if the entries for my update pack are in it (you can see what entries should be there from the manual integration directions on my website). If they aren't there, then you can be certain that's what's causing the problem. And it means that there's a bug with how nLite adds those entries which causes them to not always be added. If they are there, then something else is causing your problems :P

I just recently started to experience this issue. Using the latest nLite with the latest full RVM Pack. I always integrate RVM manually prior to running nLite. I know it's more work but sometimes I just like to get in there do things myself.

All of the file entries (txtsetup, dosnet, etc.) seem to be in order before and after nLite does it's thing. I am wondering if the removal of any certain component with nLite is the cause. I think at this point, after four days of troubleshooting, I'm going to try nLite without removing anything at all. Just going to enable higher compression and merge cabs, which I realize is a little redundant with the RVM Pack process, but what the hell.

• 8 months later...

Dont know if this helps but I have the newest version of nlite and rvm pack (3-17-06) and i'm still having the same problem. I notcied that all the files are in the system32 folder but the applications are looking for the files in the system folder. Have not tried this yet but maybe someone can figure out how to modify the installation settings to extract it to both directories.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm sorry to say that I've reproduced these exact errors (missing framedyn and srclient dlls), too. I have experienced this before, but not for a couple of years--and I've set up countless systems between then and now, all without any such errors. It was so long ago, I don't remember the cause--but I do not understand why it is happening now. I'm using the newest nlite and ryanvm packs, as always. I've tried three times, reconfiguring differently each time, and even using a newly downloaded SP2. I'm thinking that it must have something to with the SP2 integration, because my long error-free period occurred while using XP with SP2 already installed (Home and Pro). Perhaps there's certain yet-to-be-specified changes within the nlite customization features that conspire with the SP2 integration with XP Pro (Pro is what is causing the errors--and Corporate, which is the same as Pro--is what caused it way back when--I haven't seen the problem yet with Home, but I think all the Home versions I've worked with already have had SP2).

As far as the WMI is concerned, for some reason the service is completely missing...! Now I did not, nor would I, take this out--so some setting in nlite (which we think is safe) must be taking it out unbeknownst to us. Any ideas on this one anyone? (Interestingly, the WMI driver extension service is still there.) This explains also why I see that the firewall/ICS and a couple of other services--while they appear there--cannot be started.

The only other oddity I've noticed is that there is some newer setting that causes the IE icon to not appear on the desktop (you have to create a shortcut to it), even though the desktop settings say it is visible (and even though I specify that it should appear in the setup tweaks). This oddity has plagued all my nlite installations for, I think, the last two or three builds. Could any of this be related to these other problems somehow?

PLEASE: has anybody had luck in correcting this after install? has anybody figured out anything more specific about the cause?

If i do

1. Copy clean i386

2. Run Nlite RC7

3. Load my conf to Nlite, press next, next... "Apply changes?" i dont do anythig !!

4. Run manually UpdatePack-XPSP2-Rus(update pack for rus windows(ryan))

5. UpdatePack-XPSP2-Rus is integrated OK

6. "Apply changes?" press yes

7. Nlite do his jobs OK

I have this problem

But if i do

Run UpdatePack-XPSP2-Rus(update pack for rus windows(ryan)) first (do not run Nlite)

after Run Nlite -> all OK !

userus, and you find that weird?

You see update packs have some files which nlite updates but if you overwrite with update pack after nlite done it job once there will be a problem.

Update dont overwrite any files after nlite do his job, updatepack always run before nlite START HIS JOB i dont press button YES in window "apply changes".

How is work nlite - scan windistr -> configuring - > show window "Apply changes?" -> if YES strat job

I dont press YES in window "Apply changes?", nlite do not any changes, i press YES only after update integrated

ps. may be i'm stupid, or dont understand english? :)

Edited by userus

Just did another of several installs using nLite v1.07 with RVM Update Pack v2.04 (and various add-ons for CPL and context menu, as well many of the common tweaks of done since their inclusion), with the same fundamental problems as before. Althoguh, I instructed nLite to keep the various DLLs coming up missing (which superficially corrected the framedyn.dll and srclient.dll missing errors)--and even took out far, far less than I did before (or ever have, for that matter)--certain services do not even appear anymore: WMI and WMI Performance Adapter, COM+ Event System and COM+ System Application, MS Software Shadow Copy Provider, Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Windows User Mode Driver Framework...! What the...?!

I do not, nor have I ever, taken these out--nor do I want to. The result, of course, is that you cannot start several of the other services, the dependencies tab is entirely missing, and so on. I've left more in than ever before--I've been very conservative and viligant about the tweaks--I've not identified anything importantly different than the many, many systems that I've done virtually the same way since the first version of nLite--I've had no errors whatsoever for an entire year building systems for clients (notwithstanding one nasty attempt with MCE) ... So I cannot perceive what is so radically different that is causing these gross errors and obviously missing components.

I now have five computers and clients waiting on me (I've been trying to track down the problems for over a week now), so it's very frustrating and will potentially cost me jobs and money. I am thus at my wits end and at a loss of what to try next.

I wonder if it's possible that a seemingly innocuous tweak or component for removal that I've always done somehow does something radically different than it used to, but unbeknownst to me (like taking out some crucial component that links all these things together)...? I do not, nor have I ever, indisciminately marked entire sections: I always painstakingly review each change, one by one--and, for the life of me, cannot identify anything even remotely questionable in my processs (like I said, I've done this over and over for so long now, that these errors and problems come as a complete suprise to me).

I am quite suprised that, after all the people that seem to have related problems on this issue, no one has yet identified the unifying factor(s) most likely responsible for this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to some next steps in a logical progression to assist in remedying these problems? Do an install with no customization, no removal, no non-default settings at all (and defeat half the purpose of deployment in the first place)? :unsure:

Well, now it appears that other stuff is not getting integrated properly either (such as the CAB inegrations for Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Genuine Advantage Tool, etc.) ... and who knows what else ... Very disappointing. So something very basic and essential is afftecting my custom installs all of the sudden (which did not ever affect them before--with the exception of a single framedyn.dll error a couple of years back)--even though I've verified my steps (as I always do anyway) through the whole process. Hmmm... :wacko: (I'm actually surprised that, with such essential things missing, it's not riddled with errors right at the outset ... Oh, weell, if I gave it more time...!)

Guess I'll just hammer away at it AGAIN, trying another custom install. (I am at least using VMWare for my testing).

Ok

1. copy clean distr

2. run nlite, configuring

3. press next next... while not see attached window

4. NOT PRESS YES(KEEP IN BACKGROUND)

5. run updatepack manually

6. when updatepack is finish

7. PRESS YES in attached window

8. have this problem

ps. My english is too bad and i can not explain in detail :blushing:

post-90758-1142577890_thumb.jpg

After two more ISOs, I have one that finally worked: little or no removed components, moderate customization, RyanVM Update Pack 2.04, nLite 1.0 RC7, no integrated drivers, no other integrated CAB add-ons, no other hotfixes. On the third ISO, it broke again: I integrated all the rest of the add-on CABs I've been using, but still no drivers--I removed just a few more components. My conclusion: one or more of the add-on CABS is breaking the installation. (The components I removed are still less than I usually remove, without problems--and I did not even go near any remotely questionable components.) So now I'm going to try an ISO with the same components removed, but no add-on CABs: if it works, it's definitely the add-on CABs (I then will need to try an ISO with all the drivers, just to make sure they don't break anything--though I cannot see how they would). From that point, I will have to painstakingly, one by one, integrate the add-on CABs o figure which one is the culprit...

Anybody got any ideas which add-on CAB(s) might be causing my problems? (The framedyn.dll and srclient.dll disappeared again--and enough services were ripped out to cause MMC to come up as blank interfaces: basically the same as in my previous posts.) It is NOT RyanVM update pack, it is NOT my SP2 CD files, it is NOT my Windows installation CD files: at this point, it is most likely one or more of the add-on CABs--or, perhaps less likely, that one of the tweaks/customizations/removals I usually do in nLite is not working the way it usually does... Hmmmm...

Here we go again (over a week later)...

userus:

Do you mean to say that if I answer NO in the final popup box, that THAT could cause the problems I'm having? In other words, if I answer NO, then go back, it somehow breaks the process and causes errors? That would point to a problem in nLite itself then (and may account for the randomness with which these errors in appear accross many different users with many different systems). Hmmm... :unsure:

I more detailed tested nLite and i found this problem

1. If i try apply only Tweaks, nLite do not change txtsetup and dosnet -> error missing nLite.inf and Srclient.dll

2. Call nLiteRF=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,nLite.inf,HIDE,7 from sysoc not work(he cnt work)

3. reason of my problem with UpdatePack-XPSP2-Rus, at moment of presence window "Apply changes?" nLite lock files txtsetup sysoc... , and UpdatePack-XPSP2-Rus can't change them, i don't know continues nLite lock this file when he itgrated Ryn automatic if yes -> error

4. HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlreg",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,T" I thought that this section from hivest will be added to registry, BUT on T34 windows RUN immediately this "rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,T"(try install calc.inf)

from sysoc nLite section work correct, i think not it is necessary to start form hivesft, all strings from RunOnce run on T13, some tweaks will be overwriten later(crashcontrol tweaks not work).

After nLite i have this strings in nLite.inf

[nLiteRF]

OptionDesc = "nLite"

Tip = "Windows component removal adjustments and tweaks."

Modes = 0,1,2,3

AddReg = S

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlreg",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %10%\inf\nlite.inf,nLiteReg"

what is %10% may be %systemroot%

i think ->

need add HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlreg",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %systemroot%\inf\nlite.inf,nLiteRF" to T or H C section in nlite.inf

[nLiteRF]

OptionDesc = "nLite"

Tip = "Windows component removal adjustments and tweaks."

Modes = 0,1,2,3

AddReg = S

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","nlreg",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %systemroot%\inf\nliteFinal.inf" nliteFinal.inf this is copy of nlite.inf without calling nLiteRF(nLite section rename to DefaultInstall )

Result -> form sysoc apply nlite.inf,nlite -> on t13(work runonce) apply nlite.inf,nliteRF -> from nliteRF add to runonce nliteFinal.inf call ->= all tweaks enabled

try to setup calc.inf(Rbutton -> setup)

from attached nlite.inf i have all tweaks are enabled

to nowinscenario:

MMC to come up as blank interfaces

if I correct has understood your problem then answer here -> u apply Ryn(or other update) he contains in itself KB907265 which does not be friends with Xpize ! do not apply Xpize!

NLITE.INF

calc.inf

Edited by userus