Framedyn.dll and Srclient.dll missing

BallTongue

I just made a nlite cd and ran into some problems. When windows started after the intro {What i mean by "after intro" is after windows ask you for your username and other stuff} I got an error. "This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.” So i hit ok. Then i get another error. "Srclient.dll was not found". So i came here and search the forums for both dll files. I didn't find anything. So i ran a search in google and it brought me to this microsoft page. Here. So i did what is said and no luck. I know i can pop in the sp1 cd in and copy over the files but i was wondering if there is more to this than what is on the surface. There is more things that are wrong with it but it would be a long post. I will include the settings.ini to see if someone can tell me what i did wrong.

settings.ini

My first guess is that you have used Manual install and not cd boot to install Windows ?

There are some serious issues regarding manual install while using nlite, i didn't know this before but now that explains a lot of bugs reported which no one can reproduce.

Working on it.

However if you did boot from cd and got these errors tell me so that i can check it.

Thanks for your reply nuhi. I did do a cd install. No manual install. I personally don't like manual installs. There were also some strange things that i found out and will explain. In the start menu at the top where ie and outlook reside, usually it says Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. But it doesn't say that. It says Internet and Mail but next to internet the ie icon isn't there. But when you click on it brings up ie options and not ie. The only way i was able to acess ie was clicking on Windows update and then ie launched. When I go into device manager my video card wasn't recognized, but i inserted my own drivers. Got the 71.20's from guru3d but they didn't get installed. I uncheck videocard drives and old videocard drivers from the drop down list. I will let you know if there are more problems.

untitled.bmp

Those icons are "normal" if you remove IE and OE...

maybe you figured out wrong that rare issue when people think that Unselecting means removing ?

Also it may be your hotfixes if you integrate them...try without it.

And you may use VMWare or Virtual PC to save nerves.

Also, my 71.80 integrates just fine...be sure to REMOVE Windows Display drivers.

i remember i had exact the same problem on a very old version

it was caused the hive*.inf files r not stored as ANSI

@nuhi, he didnt remove IE and OE

look he attached the settings.ini file

Ah, I always forget to look at first post.

Looks to me that this is something unique and untraceable...but be sure to report if you keep getting this error with next version, then we'll talk more.

nuhi i forgot to add that with this whole setup i had intergrated ryan's hotfixes but for some reason they didn't work. after windows started up i went to windows update and all of the post sp2 fixes needed to be applied. i went to his site and checked out his faq and came across a faq question about framedyn.dll but it only applies to manual installs. It says to edit some files but i intergrated them through nlite. I emailed him and asked him how to probperly intergrate them and i did what he said was the proper procedure. Maybe this can shed some more light onto this problem.

Today i ran into this problem while integrating Ryan's pack and not editing properly txtsetup and dosnet.inf.

Recheck what you do or try without his pack to find your bug...this isn't caused by nLite...I'm 98% sure and that's pretty high.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using nlite 0.99.8 beta 3 and have been getting the same problem with the framedyn.dll after using nlite to integrate Ryan's 1.2, remove some things, and add some tweaks.

I found that I do not get the error if you add framedyn.dll and srclient.dll to the [Keep Box] section. :thumbup

@MCT: my wbem folder still appears in the %system%/system32 folder.....so it's not getting deleted. But I am also getting another problem of the IE icon not on the desktop or in the start menu....along with the outlook express icon. Are these related to the wbem folder?

settings.ini

no, thats a known bug, the ie icon disappeared

i was going threw windir & removing folders i didnt think i needed, but i had made a batch file to remove wbem, which i didnt think i needed, but i did, everything is ok now that i deleted that line in my batch file, i thought maybe u done the same thing

Salvo2002, wait a second, this shouldn't be happening with latest nlite.

If you may at least virtually try it without Ryan's pack or any drivers to see if it's internal nLite mistake or integration.