XPCREATE - New Version

GreenMachine

The newest version of XPCREATE is now available. There are many changes in this version, including changes in functionality, licensing and distribution. The current version has been tested extensively internally, and will now be released for "live" testing.

This version initially will be released with reduced functionality. Certain non-standard hotfixes will not be handled, and automatic downloading will not be included. This is to allow for testing of the main aspects of XPCREATE before the "frills" are included.

The main changes in licensing and distribution are that XPCREATE will no longer be distributed as freeware for any use other than the home user. This means that schools, public libraries, government organizations, etc., will be considered commercial users, and must be licensed accordingly. Furthermore, home users will be required to apply for a license, and though there will be no charge, they will be subject to the terms of said license, which will include an expiration date. This is due mainly to users who “play dumb”, and posts such as this. In order to obtain XPCREATE, you will now have to send a request via email, which includes a copy of the attached EULA, along with confirmation that you have read and agreed to the EULA. Furthermore, please state if you are interested in using the software as freeware, e.g. as a non-commercial user, or evaluating the software for use in a commercial environment. You will then receive, by return email, a download link, or the XPCREATE distribution. This implies that no fictitious email addresses may be used. At this point I am also considering disallowing any anonymous email addresses, such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, but I guess it is once again true that a few bad apples do spoil the bunch … Believe me, I do this reluctantly, and know that it certainly does not make my task any easier.

I will be posting more details about this update, and update the website, over the next few days.

Those of you wishing to receive a copy of this version, please send an email to sales(at)xpcreate.com, with a copy of the attached EULA, stating that you have read, and agree to the terms, of the attached EULA. Remember to include your name, a valid email address, and whether you request a non commercial license, or a commercial evaluation copy.

Thanks, and Happy XPCREATIONS!

EDIT:: In order to find the EULA, please refer to THIS post.

For all of you that have sent an email requesting this version: I will be shipping you the software via mail Friday, or Saturday at the latest ... I hope. Patience please!

Note that the Current Hotfixes page on the XPCREATE Web Site (linked to in my signature) contains the up-to-date list of hotfixes and updates for this version, as well as the correct directory names. Also note that the rest of the documentation on the site may be slightly outdated ...

Thanks again!