Building a printer driver package?

FuNKeR

If you really want to send it: please 7zip it using the Maximum setting or so. That should reduce the size to 100-150 MB. Additionally, use the split volume function to split them to multiple 10MB archives. Then mail them to my gmail account (can be found in my profile).

If you'd rather not send this huge amount of data (at least for me it'd be huge to send... I've only got .5Mb upload), a list of supported printers would be ok too. I just checked HP's site and I must admit that their site isn't too bad to download drivers.

The site is not bad at all. You can even use their FTP site and just leech all of them from there I'll bet. My upload spead is not a problem I can go mega fast upstream. I figured you had an FTP or some site I could upload them too. Most of my email clients will not accept files that big. Lemme see what I can do for you. No way to FTP them right?

That is a good link; I do not have many of those drivers so you should download that as well as mine. Bâshrat if you want I can upload the compressed driver pack to a friends FTP and let you leech it. Send me a PM and I will give you a link.

That's it! THere has been enough of a delay on this on my part!! I am going to zip this stuff up tongiht and upload it to a site. Bâshrat, I will PM you with a link. My pack will be totatly different. I have a lot of deskjet and laser drivers not many businessjet.

hey, i have downloade the canon i250 printer drivers

no can i put the into folder 003_printer and do something like i did with drivers from cd method or drivers via winnt.sif

tnx

If you want to automate the process of adding printers try this:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?

It will give you a list of switches that may be helpfull (found this on google search for "unattended printer installation")

Hope it helps!

edit: just found another great rundll32 link: http://www.dx21.com/SCRIPTING/RUNDLL32/REF...E.ASP?ISF=0&P=A

I've looked at this for some time but I can't seem to figure out how to install a network printer (the only info I have for the printers is "\\servername\printer") anyone can help me with this?