ghost9/powerquest ?

twindude

I know that symantec bought PowerQuest..

Ghost 9, see's and creates Drive Image files..... v2i

It also seems to be uses the PowerQuest's Backup Image Browser (pqibrowser.exe)

What I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IS: WILL THE the v2i recovery wizard (V2ISR.EXE) WORK FOR GHOST 9 Recovery....

I HATE TO THINK THAT I HAVE TO KEEP MY PRODUCT CD TO RESTORE A IMAGE... FROM SCRATCH...GHOST SAYS BOOT OFF OF PRODUCT CD...!

ALSO WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE THE FULL COPY OF MY PRODUCT CD WITH BACK UP IMAGES.... NOT A GOOD IDEA...

I NO LONGER HAVE TEST BOX or COPY OF DR IMAGE TO TEST WITH.........CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW THAT HAS AN OLD COPY OF DRIVE IMAGE...

Then I can add the Dr Image plugin to my PE CD and not worry with the .net/Ghost9 Product CD.... I really don't want to leave a copy of my Ghost9 with a backup image...

Ghost 9.0 is the evolution of Drive Image 7.0 since it is based on the same technology. Under the Ghost 9.0 recovery CD, you will have an update V2ISR.EXE.

I am not sure you can restore Ghost 9 images with the older version of V2ISR, but the oppposite is definitely true.

Hope it helps!

so u are saying that i can use the new update V2ISR.EXE

and it will restor images...........great...

now i have to figure out how to get it on a CD so I don't have to leave my product cd with backup images.

any ideas anyone?

or do you have an old Dr Image restore Cd and can look at the files?