Anyone gotten VB6 working in win2k3 sp1 PE ?

TWiST

I've been doing the same old stuff as before (add the runtimes etc) and my vb6 app wont work inside of the new winpe but it was fine in the xp sp2 PE ?

I also use a menu building program for my main interface and that as well worked fine in the xp sp2 WinPE but won't launch on the new Winpe. I'm getting extremly frustrated and am hoping someone is having better luck then I.

I was really excited about the ramdrive and what not in the new winpe, I even got my ramdisk working inside of the ramdrive so I can write to files, but now that my vb6 app wont run and I cant get my autorun to work (which is the piller of light in my setup) I'm losing faith. :(

Hope someone has some ideas.

I was really excited about the ramdrive and what not in the new winpe, I even got my ramdisk working inside of the ramdrive so I can write to files, but now that my vb6 app wont run and I cant get my autorun to work (which is the piller of light in my setup) I'm losing faith.  :(

Hope someone has some ideas.

Yes...

My custom VB app runs just fine.

All I did was download the latest VB6 runtimea and put the files in the correct place.

Chris

Would it be possible for you to elaborate a little, cause I thought I was doing it correctly and its not working for me but on the Old WinPE my Vb6 app works fine.

Download the VB runtimes.

Extract the files.

Copy them to your PE structure (system32 dir) before you create your ISO.

I didn't do anyhting special.

FYI... On another note ... RC2 of Server SP1 was released yerterday.

I have not gone to beta place yet but that means there is a new build of PE too.

Chris

• 3 months later...
...I was really excited about the ramdrive and what not in the new winpe, I even got my ramdisk working inside of the ramdrive so I can write to files...

Hi Twist,

can you please explain the way you got the ramdisk inside the WinPE2005 ramdrive working?

Thanks

Schra