Orange Micro USB2

I installed a Orange Micro USB2 card. The install went OK. All usb items work.

The install said to look in Device Manager to confirm install. It said I should see the Orange Micro Card USB2 and Enhanced NEC USB Open Host Controller.

I have 98Se with all updates.

I don't see these items. I also get the yellow question mark in "Other Devices - PCI Universal Serial Bus" It says drivers for this device are not installed (code 28). If I click reinstall drivers it find nothing

Would installing 98SPv1.62 help? Don't know what to do next.

Thanks so much in advance

RJE

I would install version 2 of SESP-- i think it changed/updated usb system files.

Then, remove that device-- when you go to install the drivers for it, point the wizard to windows\system\precopy\sp1.cab -- once that's done, update that driver by pointing to the location with your Orange Micro drivers(2.1.11.1 is latest version btw ftp://download.orangemicro.com/USB2/Setup.exe )-- see if that helps......

an alternative to pointing to sp1.cab is if your motherboard has usb controller drivers-- maybe labeled 1.1(which will have also the windows system files for usb... extract to a folder, run the setup, & point wizard to that location if it can't find a file. )-- i suspect those never made it out of the cab files from the windows install disc....and the ones provided in SESP(sp1.cab) may or may not do the trick-- depending on your system......

Good Luck.

BTW any particular file not found during install process, you may have to help the wizard & perform a Find-- if that yields nothing, use the Text Search option and look in cab files in the drivers folders, sp1.cab, and the cabs in the windows install directory either on cd or a folder with a name like win98 on your hard drive, in case your pcmaker didn't provide a disk & instead burned the contents to your hard drive.

Thank you,

I went to the folder you suggested "Precopy" and SP1 is not in there. All that is there are Base4,base5, base6, and Catalog3.

I also download the latest version from Orange.