Windows Genuine Advantage

jimmytop

I've seen no troubles so far, have you?

Ah, but you won't see any troubles. Until they implement the Genuine Advantage program. Which is expected mid-year from what I'm hearing.

I take it you haven't heard of it....?

Sounds like it will impact automatic downloads.

Assuming you are all using genuine Windows versions, we should be OK ...

Doesn't matter. The current autodownloader has no way to prove to microsoft that the incoming request is coming from a genuine windows PC....

:whistle:

It seems this will affect the XPCreate's ability to automatically download updates/patches/hotfixes. 

Will this be addressed in a future version?

Yeah I have the same problem here...

It wont download updates/HF automatically. So, I place HF manually, which is pain in butt :)

you can't get it to download from that site??? I just built one last night and it worked ok.

The Windows Genuine Advantage thing is purely voluntary right now. There is no restrictions on downloading currently. These restrictions are planned by MS for later in the year.

If you are having trouble downloading anything right now, it is NOT because of the Windows Genuine Advantage program. As stated by others, XPCreate works fantastic today, auto downloads and everything. Already slipstreamed my XP full and my XP Upgrade CD's and not a problem. :thumbup

My original post was just to give a heads up in case the developer wanted to get a jump on any potential problems the Windows Genuine Advantage will cause in the FUTURE.

you can't get it to download from that site??? I just built one last night and it worked ok.

The Windows Genuine Advantage thing is purely voluntary right now. There is no restrictions on downloading currently. These restrictions are planned by MS for later in the year.

If you are having trouble downloading anything right now, it is NOT because of the Windows Genuine Advantage program. As stated by others, XPCreate works fantastic today, auto downloads and everything. Already slipstreamed my XP full and my XP Upgrade CD's and not a problem. :thumbup

My original post was just to give a heads up in case the developer wanted to get a jump on any potential problems the Windows Genuine Advantage will cause in the FUTURE.

I tried XPCREATE today and can't download anything...

Thanks, jimmytop, for the heads-up. Of course if we run into a problem, I'll work on it. However, these things change so often before release, that I've stopped trying to stay one step ahead.

As to XPCREATE not being able to download anything, it is all a mater of settings in XPCREATE.INI. The code, as far as I can see, still works fine.