Unattended Install on Laptop

It might be your graphics card drivers. Try adding your laptop drivers to your CD.

Elduderino confirmed with Microsoft that OOBE wont work at 640x480 (?). See his posts at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...&hl=oobe&st=10#

Thank you Dahi!!!! This makes sense as my laptop was defaulting to the wrong resolution because of different video cards. I also have a resolution value set in the wininit.sif file that isn't supported because of the lack of proper drivers. I will try this and confirm whether it works or not this evening. I am willing to bet that it will!!!

I have had this problem so many times.

Glad you got it fixed. It has to do with the resolution as stated. The out of the box experence has to have a particular res or it will not even start. Thus you cant create your logins.

I'm curious is there a way to create logins without the out of the box thing? I do not want to create the same logins every time. I like to pick them per install. I know you can add logins manually, but I like to change them per install.

I have always had to keep that 5mb out of the box MS crap and I'd love to get rip of it from my install if possible.