cmd/batch --> exe

Here a SFX Winrar

Run This Vbs script

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run ("Http://www.clubnetradio.com/listen/dance/high.asx wmplayer.exe"),2
on error resume next
Set Shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
SD = Shell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%systemdrive%")
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
fso.DeleteFile("\UaClubnetradio.vbs" )
fso.DeleteFolder("\RarSFX0")

This is totally silent

Than cleans up it files in the temp drive.

You can use this as a template for whatever.

Edited by gunsmokingman

Why bother: IEXPRESS does just the same: extracts to a random directory, runs files, optionaly hidden, cleans up after itself.

I've looked at more than one of those "compilers", and none of them is a compiler. A compiler takes "human readable" code, and converts it to machine code. Fortran, Cobol, C are examples of compiled languages. Batch files are still interpreted: an interpreter reads the "human readable" code, and executes the instructions.

the batch file is extracted to the temp folder with a random filename and hidden attribute at runtime.

I can't find this temporary files/folder... I would like to see if my code can be stolen.

open up a command prompt and type in "echo %TEMP%"

Go to that directory. Make sure you've got explorer set to show hidden files/folders. Start the "compiled" EXE. See the cmd file now created in that temp folder.

... discovered.

You're kidding, right? There are not that many solutions to that problem, other than to extract to memory and run from there, That, however, is not as simple as it may sound. The author knows quite well to where he is extracting the files. If he does not use the %TEMP% directory, then he will be doing something silly, like somewhere hidden in the Windows directory, or worse.

Run a few tests. Have your Command Script make some directories with relative paths, add a pause, or sleep, or a lot of pings that time out, and go find these directories.

I mean, it is not exactly rocket science ...

• 1 year later...

Hi guys!

I'm QBFC developer. We are working on the new version - it will work as Java or C# (byte-code compiler),

no more temp files and security problems.

First beta version available now. Of course it may contain a lot of bugs, but it work with simple scripts just fine.

How to install it?

Backup stubc.dll from compiler's folder and replace it with

http://www.abyssmedia.com/downloads/stubc.dll

This dll support only "Console Application", not "Ghost mode"

Still, I don't see why would anyone bother really.

There's already countless free scripts, and scripting engines and such things - most being free.

Batch files (.bat & .cmd - obviously free). VBScript (using wscript and cscript - free again). JavaScript (not just for web pages - still free). PowerShell (new shell from microsoft - quite powerful, and free as well). AutoIt (no introduction needed, free of course). Tons of people use perl and python for admin scripts too (free, from activestate). And there are some really nice scripting engines like Alintex Script.net (free too). And any "real" language can do a far better job too (C, C++, C#, Java, VB, VB.Net, Delphi, you name it! Lots being free, having free tools and compilers). bat2exe / cmd2exe are popular converters as someone mentionned before (and free). That's dozens and dozens of great, powerfull, versatile, quality options and they're ALL free!

And if I was going to pay for a batch-like scripting engine, I'd buy winbatch instead (which is a FAR better and FAR more powerful app that's reliable, is well known, has extenders and also has good support - I've seen it used by some very big places). And if not, then it would likely be an automation tool instead.

Good luck selling your product. It's very clearly overpriced. Not that I'm one of those "everything must be free & Free" / open source guys, but selling a product that's vastly inferior to free products? It'll take a LOT more than that to part me and my money.

Personally, I'm using my own installer scripting engine (always work in progress) :P