Hiding installations

Nanaki

Sorry for being unclear. :)

I have a MSI, which needs to be installed. The only way to install it correctly is with the /QR or /QB parameter, so with a progress bar. Now, I want the installer to be invisible, even without using /QN.

Or, another solution to my problem would be to let /QN display errors it encounters, instead of cancelling the whole install.

Take a look at these combos:

/qb   (with install progress)
/qb-    (this will suppress errors)
/qb-!    (this will suppress errors, and disable cancel button)

Does any of those do what you want?

Even with these commands, the installer gets cancelled, but that alright, my autoIT installer makes it work. :)

So I still need a way to make 'em invisible :(

I don't know why, but some msi's doesn't support the /qn switch. For example, Adobe Acrobat Pro 6 and PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005. They can only be installed by /qr.

Anyways, have you tried using msiexec /i setup.msi /qn ?

Or instead of using /qn, just use /quiet. If your msi is version 3.0, /quiet should work.

Hell, I can't explain it any more clear.

I have an Office installer. But that doesn't matter. I have a MSI installer, which I need to get to install invisible. The problem is that I can't use the /QN parameter.

More in-dept, if I use the /QN parameter, the install will deinstall when it encounters an error. When I use any other parameter (like /QR and /SB, the install gets paused and an error popup shows. I NEED that popup, so I cannot use QN. Yet, however, I also NEED to let it install without seeing it. Tricky one huh? :)

I have an Office installer. But that doesn't matter.
It matters. Even the version. Not all MSI are created equal. ;)

Until we are told whatever else you thought doesn't matter, there's not much that can be done....

OS, MSI v3, time of execution, whether AIP/CD, lots!