What's the command line for install all hotfixes ?

@echo off

FOR %%D IN (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%D:\WIN51IP SET CDROM=%%D:

Echo Installing Switchless Applications

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Switchless1\*.exe') DO Start /wait "" "%%f"

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Switchless1\*.msi') DO Start /wait "" "%%f" /qn

Echo Installing Hotfixes

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Type1\*.exe') DO Start /wait "" "%%f" /z /n /o /q

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Type2\*.exe') DO Start /wait "" "%%f" /Q:A /R:N

Echo Installing Additional Switchless Applications

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Switchless2\*.exe') DO Start /wait "" "%%f"

FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Switchless2\*.msi') DO Start /wait "" "%%f" /qn

Start /wait "" "%CDROM%\hotfixes\qchain.exe"

Great !!!

Qchain.exe is outdated since windows xp sp1 say Microsoft.

Would someone be kind enough to explain me the procedure of installing hotfixes for Windows XP SP1? For example, where do you place the hotfixes? What files do I need to modify? etc... I have reading various methods and not sure which is one the proper one. Any help would greatly appreciated.

-Kenneth

just make the folder structure as shown in the batch above, on the root of the CD

place the patches of the appropriate type in the correct folder

call the batch from runonceex

Thanks. Does this method accepts long filename? Or do i have to rename each hotfixes to the 8 DOS character limitation?

-Kenneth