Strange RegTweak request

I have looked all over this forum and several others but have not been able to find my answer. It could be that what I am using to search on is incorrect. Anyway, I would like a registry edit to disable the "Open submenus when I pause on them with my mouse" option. I hate that (especially on laptops) but have not been able to find the key for it. Thanks guys for your help - this is a GREAT site!

That is the only mention of anything close to what I was looking for. It doesn't really turn "off" the option just extends the delay. I checked that setting with the option checked and unchecked and it doesn't change. Standard value for that key is 400. Thank you for the help but I have this quest to find the registry key that is changed when you check/uncheck that and it is driving me crazy that I can't find it. Thanks again.

Okay, I understand what your saying about increasing the delay only, but how likely is it that your going to pause on a Menu Item for more than 65534 milliseconds (65½ seconds)

And, what about

I am looking for......but until now I have only come up with......this is not what I require....... any more takers, thanks.

Now try this!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_AutoCascade"=dword:00000000

<EDIT>

Also if it's your quest to find the key, how come we're doing the donkey work :whistle:

</EDIT>

Edited by Yzöwl

I'm sorry - apparently I have offended you which was not my intention. I wasn't asking anyone to figure it out for me, I was asking if anyone had already figured it out. Thank you again for your information - it's very very appreciated. I tried several registry "monitor" programs myself without finding the key. I will just try to take care of this by myself as you have suggested,

I wasn't offended, if I had been I wouldn't have bothered replying!

We all come from different countries /cultures here and sometimes our individual senses of humour may come across differently to different people.

It is a public forum, and the most common denominator between us is that we all want to learn something.

Could you please let us know if the solution I gave was correct.

<EDIT>

I have tried it on mine, it removed the check mark, and works after a reboot. For laptop owners with a similar problem to yours, I would suggest utilizing both the tweaks I gave together, for the greatest effect.

</EDIT>

Edited by Yzöwl