Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

Update:

At the moment it seems, that it might - after all - be possible to support the /integrate: option.

Because of all the work I'm putting into this, the next Update Pack (Unofficial Rollup 1) build won't be ready tuesday.

But you'll rather wait a few more days and have /integrate - am I right? :whistle:

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

Update:

At the moment it seems, that it might - after all - be possible to support the /integrate: option.

Because of all the work I'm putting into this, the next Update Pack (Unofficial Rollup 1) build won't be ready tuesday.

But you'll rather wait a few more days and have /integrate - am I right?  :whistle:

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

If you need the time, take it. :thumbup

Wow, just finished reading this thread in entire -- what an ambitionus project! Nice way to wrap up all the loose ends of Windows 2000!

Might be fun to integate all this work in one installer (with selectable options) and an integrated script to rip, slipstream, iso, and burn a fully updated Windows 2000 (for Noobs) -- there's even the free MS ISO burn tool that makes it all possible

Any any case I'm sure looking forward to seeing all the Hotstream Project released with everyone else here -- this one deserves it's own forum!

Edited by hoak

Thanks, hoak :hello: - I appreciate all the support from you folks in here :)

Just stumbled over some bugs in the MS URP. The /integrate option does work properly - some files are not replaced. :no: I can do better then whoever wrote that update.inf at Microsoft (I hope :rolleyes:)

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

PS - the errors are _only_ in the MS URP - should I tell them?? Would they care???

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

I'd say don't bother telling them; you've clearly put more then your fair share time and a considerable labor of love into this project Gurgelmeyer! I'd say let your exclusive fixes remain yours; heck you're giving it all away for free anyway, that's more then enough -- if Microsoft cares let them make the effort or they can offer to pay you!

I think you deserve every bit of credit you get for all you've done/are doing, don't trivialize your efforts -- it's perfectly fitting that if people want a proper fix for Windows 2000 they should have to go to a committed third party that's doing it all in the open and for free -- that, your good will, everyone's enthusiasm the Penguin are pretty telling. :)

On another but related topic; does anyone know what's up with the Microsoft security rollup; I thought it was supposed to be released last week?

:}

Phew - got myself another week to work on /integrate. I might change the Update Pack to install as a supplemental service pack rather than a hotfix - there are too many errors in UPDATE.EXE when it runs in "hotfix mode", but it behaves perfectly when running in "service pack mode". If I added SP4 I could even make a real SP5 - but I won't :D

Phew - got myself another week to work on /integrate.  I might change the Update Pack to install as a supplemental service pack rather than a hotfix - there are too many errors in UPDATE.EXE when it runs in "hotfix mode", but it behaves perfectly when running in "service pack mode".  If I added SP4 I could even make a real SP5 - but I won't :D

Cool. Keep us posted :)

Really wish this thread was sticky or had it's own forum... Actually wish the 2000, XP, 2003 forum wasn't one big... steaming pile -- for fourms dedicated to Windows it sure could be better laid out and organized... :}

With all the priceless content here a little fourm housekeeping and updating could do wonders!

:blushing::)