Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

13) RDP Client - tbd.

14) RDP "Server" - to be researched (NetMeeting).

just two different methods but they don't share any binary files.

Netmeeting: standards: H.323, T.120, LDAP (mostly)

Administration via Remote Control (NetMeeting)

Network Ports used by NetMeeting

Terminal Services RDP: protocol based on an existing ITU T.120 family of protocols.

Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Features and Performance

TCP port 3389 is used by the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)

@Bilou_Gateux - thanks for the info - you saved me some valueable time there :)

Anybody knows if the standard RDP client does RDP 4.0 as well?

Happy Easter (for those who celebrate it) btw. :)

Update: okay - Remote Desktop and or Secondary Logon is probably not possible on W2k Pro without a few files from W2k Server and or from XP... :blink:

Ok just so I can stop killing myself here ...

What command are you using to integrate these packs?

Also is there a particular order to them?

Thx

I'll tell you only if you promise not to kill yourself - deal? :blushing:

Or even better - I'll make that /integrate thingy work... gonna take a look at it right now. Otherwise I'll write a slipstreamer!

Basically, I followed the guidelines from Microsoft. Look under the "Earlier versions of Update.exe" section. That worked for IE6 - haven't tried slipstreaming the other packages yet, because I want the process automated. I'll get back real soon on this :)

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

Looks like I have to do that slipstreamer after all. I've carefully examined the way /integrate works with Microsoft hotfixes, and it really isn't complicated at all. But I'm not gonna do it until I've got the whole Option Pack ready for beta testing.

Which reminds me: I NEED SOME HELP - does anyone in here have a public FTP server? I'm only allowed to use my own connection for private purposes. There's gonna be a nice homepage too - somewhere else. I just need a place to upload the actual Update Pack and Option Pack.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

Just found out how the DllInstall entry point actually works - a minor setback (a few days, maybe a week), because I want to get everything right and get rid of the ADVPACK.DLL installer entirely as I did with MDAC. No reason to pollute the registry the way Microsoft do.

Also: for those of you trying to slipstream the Update Pack: I'll do a rebuild soon to make its internal layout more "slipstream-friendly". More on this later on.

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

Update Pack has been rebuilt, and its internal layout is now 100% correct. Those who are already testing it can obtain the new version the way they obtained the previos version. Please uninstall the previous version before applying the new version.

Slipstream guide/program will be available soon. ;)

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

@sailorsonic - Thanks a lot - I really appreciate the support from you guys in here B)

I spend all my spare time on this project - well, sometimes more :whistle: - and I'm going to finish it - don't worry. Beta should still be ready this month I hope.

The Update Pack has now been tested in corporate production environments for some time - and no errors have been reported. I like that. The MS URP has lots of errors I'm told. :P

Hopefully I'll be able to finish repacking IE6 this week. Also I have to do a slipstreamer, but I just haven't found the time for that yet.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer