Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

have installed windows 2000 - NL - SP4 + MSRP-1_NL v2

i realy must tell U is HELL :o. so what im goin to try is,

using my original CD (2k-SP4) and look at that one.

But i realy MUST tell you guys, - I allready rather use the English version myself.

BTW: - When is the USP5. RC1 comming up. and do they include,

the IE / DA / and DX components.

(and if not, when is the best time to run them - UA - CMDLINES.TXT - sounds best to me,

but will they be able to run already at that stage of setup?).

Edited by -I-

Daemonforce

MSCONFIG was talked about being added to the USP near the start of the project. Seems like you have an attitude problem. I have seen your answer to other post.

Yeah I have a problem and its name is Dxdiag. o_O

Also missing pieces from the would-be-broken Windows 2000 OS. :(

I'm assuming you use msconfig just for startup services instead of boot commands, driver assignment, system services, 16-bit support... :P

I'm not going to argue. I'm too lazy. =/

Sneeked out of bed (don't tell my girlfriend, plz)

@fdv - Thanks (door is open :) ) . I've heard an unsubstantiated rumour that something will be done about the CPU HALT problem - but I'm trying to get some more info.

@dirtwarrior - Yes, the image is smaller with USP 5 because all unreferenced drivers have been removed from the driver.cab file.

I guess what most of you are looking forward to is USP 5.1 - so I'll probably release a beta soon. It will only be beta in the sense that ONLY integrated install is offered (but you can live with that, can't you? :lol: )

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

I know this has been answered before but, what will the difference between USP 5.0 and 5.1 be? I am very impressed beyond mere words. This is a very perfession product you have put out. I just wish in my 2k install

it would say "USP ___ by Gurgelmeyer" somewhere on it.

Hey buddy I wish I could give you a pat on the back.

Any chance of making 2k look and sound and act like xp or vista by default?

It will only be beta in the sense that ONLY integrated install is offered (but you can live with that, can't you? :lol: )

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

Hell yes! A fully updated windows 2000 disk with IE6 built in - A gift from the gods. You're doing wondrous things Gurgelmeyer :)

I hope you're feeling better.

Edited by At0mic

Hell yes! A fully updated windows 2000 disk with IE6 built in - A gift from the gods. You're doing wondrous things Gurgelmeyer :)

I hope you're feeling better.

Yes! YES!

OMGWTFBBQ YES! :w00t:

<3:) lol

I accomplished this with XPCREATE and it's working fine. My only beef is with DX9 installation. Just for reference, was DirectX9 ever meant to go on Windows 2000? o.o

Hi everyone,

Well - I guess I'll release "USP 5.1 PREVIEW" soon then - saves me a lot of work only to support /integrate in the preview version. (Preview does sound better than beta doesn't it?)

@Daemonforce - Yep, DX9c is actually recommended for W2k by MS because it is "safer" :wacko:

@dirtwarrior - I guess I could add a little bmp somewhere :rolleyes: - would anyone mind?

Feeling better but I still have to stay in bed my girlfriend tells me.

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

win2ksp56ne.jpg

hosted by: imageshack

just made this in my free-time... but im not good a paintshop so if you would like to have a fullscale model better build one yourself (this is just to give an idea how to show poeple that they are actualy using USP5. of windows 2K).

[edit: Maybe some-one who actualy is good with PSP or what ever, like to have a play with lots of windows 2k resources, to make a set of windows 2K USP5.1 logo's and icons to intergrate in the system /]

Edited by -I-

@Daemonforce - Yep, DX9c is actually recommended for W2k by MS because it is "safer" :wacko:

What the crap! Well how do I integrate DX9C into a Win2K distribution that doesn't give errors when I run dxdiag?! :(

win2ksp56ne.jpg

zOMG hawt! O_O

I need to make something like that for my preinstallations. =/

I am working on a different project and ran into the same problem.

The fix is extract dxdiag from another source and put it into the I386 folder

Care to explain? o.o

Even DX8 breaks on me and I'm sure it's because of the IE6 update in the middle of setup. =/