Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

Sorry guys, I realy missed out a lot, - (have been with the new Female) for a whole week, lol, it was nearly as fun as playing with computers LOL - (thank god she doesn't read this) -

but ill surely willl catch up reading about any buggs might be with

Windows Codename Netune w/ sp5...

and as soon as i get my hands on a copy i will check...

for myself...

Gurgelmeyer what is the status of the project?

when it will be finished?

Nurse, scrub up. We'll have to induce the birth. It's too long overdue.

As a fellow perfectionist, I can sympathise. :hello: It reminds me of when I built computers for my son and daughter. "I've still got to........" "Never mind, Dad, just give me the computer now."

It can be hard to let go of your baby.

I agree with DanceMan. It`s important to release a stable and tested files.

Of course Gurgelmeyer wants to release only when he`s sure it`s done.

MS could learn a lesson from Gurgelmeyer :D.

For Themes support i recommed Windowblinds WindowsBlinds

M$ licensed it and used in Windows XP so there shouldn`t be a difference.

The only advantage of Windowss XP Theme Service that you can`t

use other Skins unless you crack it.

@Gurgelmeyer hopefully you aren`t going to include Filter Manager

from URP (DRM ? ) ?

Btw is there anything new information about the reissue of URP ?

Hi :)

I decided to add the security fixes from June, July and August after all.

All problems reported are now solved too.

Expect some good news within 24 hours :rolleyes:

@Controller Khan - Don't worry - I'm not including the FS Filter Driver. It doesn't belong in W2K in my opinion :lol:

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer B)

ghost87rulez, don't be shocked or disappointed by the pace Gurgelmeyer is taking to get to the point of a public release. Even Microsoft can't get its much less ambitions roll-up done right with a virtually bottomless budget, limitless team, and more time than the GurgleMaster has invested in doing USP5!

Gurgelmeyer is not only taking a very thorough and ambitious approach to what he's doing, he's trying to hit a moving target as Microsoft in its usual fashion can't release fixes that actually fixes things without breaking others, and he's also fixing a lot of things that are just a hokey mess in how Microsoft patches are applied, not just concatinating everything...

Considering Microsoft's re-hack of the roll-up isn't even out yet, and all that Gurgelmeyer has invested in USP5; I think he's right on track and we'll see it released at just about the best possible time. I almost don't want to see it released too soon as it will sort of bring a close to a very interesting saga and put a little too much closure on Windows 2000 -- and the end to the almost last true form that follows function generation of Microsoft Operating Systems...

Any chance you might get a head-start, lay down a blueprint and/or do something like this for Windows XP and/or Server 2003 Gurgelmeyer? That is; get going before we're steeped in the ostentatious bulk of Vista, and a bazillion patches and fixes for XP and 2003 are hard or impossible to find?

:huh::)

Edited by hoak

Hi :)

I decided to add the security fixes from June, July and August after all.

Glad to hear you've decided to add them, particularly in light of the most recent, apparently very critical PnP flaw.

And yet again to add how grateful I am for your enormous effort in doing this project.