Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

Whoops, I am trying to install the USP50 but it stops with an error saying it requires 'replmon.exe' to continue. I have that file in 'C:\Program Files\Support Tools'.

A quick Google shows that the file is for Active Directory. I don't use that stuff at all! :no:

Am installing this on Win2k SP4 with the URP1.

Any help please?

nice work Gurgelmeyer! I installed it on Windows 2000 SP4 and had no problems. I then slipstreamed it into Windows 2000 SP4 using nlite and it again I had no problems. It works like a charm great work! I'm looking forward to your next pack.

dirtwarrior I cant remember the size of the ISO but as Gurgelmeyer said its smaller that Windows 2000 SP4 because some unneeded files were removed from driver.cab.

I slipstreamed it as an SP

Those option packs dont support hotstreaming. Gurgelmeyer is working on USP 5.1 which will have everything those option packs have anyway.

Edited by At0mic

as i remember well those option packs should work slipstreaming as hotfixes - but not sure... Will try later...

--Edit 1-

btw. you did only include the win2k direct-x version didn't you,

or did you also include the files for other OS's (hope not).

Edited by -I-

Hey all, first off, I think it's really cool that Gurgelmeyer is building this project, it's a good idea to have everything in one easy to load SP.

I was wondering if anyone had it mirrored anywhere. Whenever I try to dl it I get this "Something Went Wrong!"

Thx

~ Flynn

I spent nearly 13 hrs on my 56kbps dialup to download around 80% of file (SP5) and now i am getting "File /Location not found error"...

Is there any update or is the file removed from server for any reason?

Also as I already have RC3, is there any way where I can patch it to final version instead of downloading full 230MB?

@kyvlle - You found a bug!! it has been fixed, please dl again. Everyone else: this bug does not affect integrated installs at all - no reason for dl'ing again if you're integrating or haven't experienced the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience anyway....

@aadipa - ....especially to YOU - I'm not the server admin, so I couldn't tell if anyone were dl'ing while I switched the link. I'll post a big fat warning in here 24 hours before I update anything in the future.

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

Hi Gurglemeyer

well done - the USP5.0 is a top piece of work :D

it applied sucessfully on my Vorck custom Win2k install (for those not in the know Fred Vorck (FDV in these forums) created a method of installing Win2k without IE see here for more details http://www.vorck.com/remove-ie.html).

nothing seems to be broken :D and importantly on IE components were added I think.

Will try adding to my install source eventually as time permits

Regards,

Ian

Tioaboa

I had the replmon.exe bug but thought it was just me being stupid :blushing: Works great now, many thanks for the man hours and all that.

I noticed that there were newer versions than I had previously (SP4, I reckon) of SFC.DLL and EXPLORER.EXE, so I made the relevant changes to disable WFP and make explorer show 256 colour tray icons. I'm not sure how many people will make use of them, but I've attached my modded files for anyone who does. The changes are essentially exactly the same as Dr Hoiby's (for explorer) and the standard 2 byte modification to sfc as per SP4. They work fine for me, but let me know if you have any problems... *looks scared*

[Edit: on reflection, it's probably not a good idea for me to upload these here, so I've removed 'em for now. I'll write out the new hex addresses et al when I get a chance tomorrow, since AFAIK they're not available anywhere for these versions. Sorry.]

Edited by Targaff

it applied sucessfully on my Vorck custom Win2k install (for those not in the know Fred Vorck (FDV in these forums) created a method of installing Win2k without IE see here for more details http://www.vorck.com/remove-ie.html).

fOR THOS whoops! stupid caps lock

For those who want to go IE free with Gurgelmeyer's work, this set of instructions will yield the fastest results:

http://www.vorck.com/2ksp4-basic.html

(it says SP4 but can apply to Gurgelmeyer's SP5, which is the result of one of the world's biggest software companies not being able to do their job :P

The link to the main page may create the perception that my files only work with HFSLIP, which is not true, BTW... that is merely a different approach and by no means the only method of patching 2k)