Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

@thundernetbr - Thanx :hello:

OK, I know ya guys wanna slipstream things - and so do I - so I'll do the slipstreamer when IE6 is repacked. :) - you'll just have to make do with the english packages I make, however at some point I'll do more languages - that's a promise.

Things are going very well btw. :D

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - yep it's about time for an update:

I've obtained one of the beta versions of the MS URP (thanx to, well you know who you are), and I've been doing some work to prepare to merge the URP with the other hotfixes. Not too tough really, I had to update my UPDATE.INF analyzer/generator since the UPDATE.INF in the URP is slightly more sophisticated than the usual ones. Also I've found two more hotfixes which are now in the Update Pack too, and I'm about to include some bugfixes documented by Microsoft as well (no hotfixes exist for those).

About the IE6 package I've got it right now - it installs and uninstalls perfectly without those silly exception packages. It's not final yet, because I haven't manually verified all 6186 registry changes, and a few icons aren't refreshed properly, but I'm getting there. Also fixed a few obvious MS IE6 registry bugs while I were at it - hope you guys don't mind? :rolleyes:

Btw I have an idea on how to do a more efficient automated slipstream than /integrate usually does - but I haven't tested it myself yet. The thing is, that it's kinda silly to both update the files in the distribution share AND add the entire hotfix just to copy a few extra files and do a few registry changes. But I'll get back to this later B)

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer

Hi,

Time for a quick update on slipstreaming: I think I'm gonna go for the gold here - just spent two days doing a manual "deep slipstream" of the update pack into W2K Pro. This technique involves replacing files in .CAB's, reverse renaming, editing DOSNET/TXTSETUP/SVCPACK and more like this, but I just wanted to check if it could be done - and it could. No hotfix exe's in any svcpack folder, no security catalogs broken - no hacks - just hard work. I'm still checking if any registry updates are necessary (I'm only expecting a few), but this is definately the way I want people to be able to integrate the Update Pack and maybe even the Option Pack. :)

Well - I better finish the IE6 "monster repack" right now. B)

This is a really nice project your doing here Gurgelmeyer. I've been waiting for the ability to slipstream it into the i386 folder. It will be so cool when its ready. I love the sound of the IE6 "monster repack"

Keep up the good work :)