Random Restarts After Building PC

Zelida

Sadly my Kingson 512MB PC3200 RAM is not listed. There are 256MB listed, but not 512MB...

I have a friend that uses the same motherboard who uses Kingston 2700 512MB... I suppose using two sticks of 3200 isn't good, or one of my RAM sticks went bad.

Because basically, it's been 11 hours since I took one RAM stick out and there have been no restarts. Wow.

It HAS to be the RAM. Took one stick out last night and there have been no restarts for over 11 hours and usually within 11 hours, I get tons of restarts.

Just no clue if it's a bad RAM chip itself, or the compatibility of the motherboard and RAM... because the Asus website doesn't list my PC3200 512MB Kingston RAM in the list.

It HAS to be the RAM. Took one stick out last night and there have been no restarts for over 11 hours and usually within 11 hours, I get tons of restarts.

Just no clue if it's a bad RAM chip itself, or the compatibility of the motherboard and RAM... because the Asus website doesn't list my PC3200 512MB Kingston RAM in the list.

Try a BIOS Update.......I just noticed the A7N8X -E Deluxe has a new one, 1013, I'm getting myself...(I have the same mobo)

pop the other ram stick in the same slot you're currently using with 1 stick and test it.... it could be the slot on the motherboard too. if after 11 hours you still have no reboots with the 2nd stick, pop the 1st back in, preferably into a 3rd slot if available, leaving the 2nd slot open

I believe I have my BIOS already updated.

I'm going to try the switching RAM chip to different slots. I've been testing one RAM chip in the 3rd slot. I have yet to test the second RAM chip in the 3rd slot... but I really don't think it's the slots.

I really believe that this motherboard just doesn't support my Kingston PC3200 512MB RAM, and I should try and get lower speed or PC3200 RAM that A7N8X-E Deluxe supports.

Thanks.

I've concluded that it's not my RAM, that it is the slots the RAM is read from. More so exactly, "channel 1" as my friend has told me. And channel one for RAM is slots 1 and 2 and I have TWO RAM chips and either way I put the RAM chips in, I'll have the error, since it affects 2/3 of the slots. I could easily just buy a 1GB stick and just use slot 3 for RAM, but I'll miss out on adding lots of RAM later on with the other slots.

Basically, I'm sending my motherboard back and getting a new one.

Thanks all for helping me out! ^_^

When windows is starting up keep hitting f8 like you are gonna go into safe mode. Wehn the menu comes up goto disable automatic reboot on system failure. Then instead of rebooting you will see the screen and you cna diagnoise it from there.