Adding ramdrive to Win2K/unattend install

If you set the disk RAMDisk size to maximum 32 Mb with the evaluation version, you will not have any message box.

If you copy an 7zip archive to the RAMDisk, there is no need to compress it because you will not gain a lot of space using NTFS compression on an .7z archive.

If your 7z archive is larger than 32 Mb and you need to set a larger size for the ramdisk, you can't use the evaluation version and avoid message box.

As i understand, what you want to do is extracting the .7z to RAMDisk and then launching setup from RAMDisk?

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Bilou Gateux,

Nope, after numerous try with evaluation version,I still find the nag box after post-GUI mode access from the RAM Disk. All along I set the size to 16 MB, no more no less.

No, my intention is not to copy any .7z archive to ramdisk and thereafter run setup from there. What i primarily want is to run all my custom batch and vbscripts from the ramdisk as also to copy files here and there. Reason? No content even if someone foricbly restarts the machine, just to see how i run and what i run. Thanks to some work from both me and Martin Zugec, now we can schedule and impart some protection to our Installation Disk based upon BIOS serial Number and Hard Disk Serial Number. It's good for the safety of our Disk Media as well as all the hard work that goes into making such a UACD. Being paranoid about security, I intend to run all protection imparting files from RAMDisk. And, Dear, a few people already proved my concern justified by showing unwarranted curiosity about all these, one of them even restarted the Machine. Imagine, if it's done from Hard Disk!

Thank you.

*********MOONLIGHT SONATA

• 11 months later...

Dear Bilou Gateux,

Can Windows server 2003 SP1 RAMDISK.SYS and RAMDISK.INF be used to replace the same set of files in Windows XP? Replacing these two files would produce any better results? QSoft RAMDisk still is not providing the desired results, so i thought if Win2k3 sp1 RAMDISK could help in this scenario.

At the same time, as used for USB stick, can setupldr.bin of 2k3 sp1 be used to replace that of 32-bit xp setup. What i know only that server 2k3 sp1 setupldr.bin can boot an .iso as added benefit. how this advantage can be tapped in a xp 32-bit setup cd?

waiting for your suggestions...

@MOONLIGHT SONATA

• 2 weeks later...