customize/edit winddows 98 Setup BootScreen OR WPI

o_m_ar

1) Create(or edit) logo.sys in the root directory which exactly is BMP file 320x400x256 colors.

2) Edit .infs (advanced) + you can add 1stboot.bmp to setup directory as setup background.

sorry for asking the question in a wrong way

Well , i didn't mean so ,

all i meant or i asked for , is could i make an unattended cd for win98 just like in xp

(WPI ) , and if i can even edit the billboards on it , and stuff like that ??????????

Something wrong again?..

You can do unattended 9x CD: google "MSBATCH.inf"

You can edit billboards: extract win95.ini from precopy2.cab and edit it,

but it will be shown during install, *not* in WPI, there is no WPI in w9x.

thanx alot tihiy for your help

ok

there is something also needed,

suppose , as an example , i want to add a new component to be installed in the windows setup and to be selected from the windows setup menu ..

as an example from the windows 98 setup : i want to add "accessibility" to my windows , i just click on it in the setup menu , then it adds automatically with it's needed files to my windows 98

just like that but i wanted to add more programs , like norton , nero , somestuff like that , how... ????????????????

:hello:

I understand. But it's very advanced and nobody currently researching it in Win9x/Me, because win9x/me are old.

You can try 98Lite to add more removable components to Windows and you can try to add post-installation commands to msbatch.inf, but if you want to create removable component you must learn hard how to edit .inf files.