Office 2003 problems

Nanaki

Here's the deal, I've got an Office 2003 (Word/Access/Excel/Powerpoint) shrinked (with Office Shrinker) and a WinRAR SFX installer. It works perfectly under a normal windows environment, but doesn't when it SHOULD install.

I'm using XPlode4 at the T-12 stage, and it's the only prog not installing. The XPlode pointer stays on the item for some time, so it's got to be doing something.

Please help, I gotta get this working before I'm starting adding new stuff. :)

Alright:

1. Clean Windows install (VMware)

2. Office Shrinker unleashed at it

3. WinRAR SFX, best compression, following script:

TempMode
Setup=SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

I currently replaced it with an (untested) 7z, as made by your steps. Though if I decide on using this second method, I want to know how you make the SFX modules. :/

Try putting the Office 2003 installation on a 2nd CD, use the 2 CD method discussed on this forum (you can search and find it).

Then using a batch file or runonceex.cmd launch the setup with this command line:

"<path to source files>\setup.exe" "transforms=unattended.mst" /qb-

In this case, the unattended.mst file must be at the root of the Office 2003 source files directory in the same location as the setup.exe executable.

I have done the install this way hundreds of time without any problem.

Good luck.

Yeah, me neither, that's the problem. :D The 7zip seems to work for everyone. :/

7-zip method didnt work for me =\

it would extract and do nothing

if it does not work then it just means that their is something wrong with

your office shrink.

7z is only for compression

my installer.exe is designed for office with mst w/ office shrink or without office shrink.

u can view that many people have used the method i made and had great success.

again the only time my method will not work is if u dont make a proper mst and office shrink.

:whistle:

try this with the 7-zip config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Save this with Utf-8 enconding and name this cofig.txt. For more of a walkthrough with 7-zip.  See this link http://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67 .

Tnx, gonna try that one ;) Too bad I don't really see the difference with other method, but let's hope. :)

if it does not work then it just means that their is something wrong with

your office shrink.

7z is only for compression

my installer.exe is designed for office with mst  w/ office shrink or without office shrink.

u can view that many people have used the method i made and had great success.

again the only time my method will not work is if u dont make a proper mst and office shrink.

:whistle:

Ffs dude, at least TRY not to stamp everybody as a total n00b. I'm very grateful for your method, andit's also not the problem, as the WinRAR installer also doesn't work. Again, it works in a normal environment, just not in T-12. It wouldn't be very good if I use RunOnceEx for one program, and for the rest XPlode. :)

Alright, made a WinRAR SFX (still with office shrink, need the space =p), but now followed every step of the installer.

It gives ONE error which cancels the process in silent mode. The following:

"Error 1406. Setup can't write the value DW0200 to the register key \Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed. Check if you have the sufficient amount of privileges to gain access to the register or contant the IT-development for support."

It's a translation, so not the original English error. I mean, it copy's every other register value okay. >_<