Slipstreaming and Unattended Setups.....

cruelpupet

I just read the article on creating a Slipstreamed WinXP CD with SP1. Just had a few questions about it.

Can you also slipstream IE 6 and all of the other Windows updates?

Can you customize the Windows Install??? (ie. I have a list of registry changes and tweaks I do to my XP installs, can I incorporate those in any way to the default XP installation so I dont have to do them each time)

I want to know, is there a way to slipstream fonts, and programs, so when you get into XP after reinstalling it, you have photoshop 7 in there?

How?

Is there a program?

I want to know, is there a way to slipstream fonts, and programs, so when you get into XP after reinstalling it, you have photoshop 7 in there?

How?

Is there a program?

Thats simple. You can access the [GUIRUNONCE] interface that build in the unattend install. It will install other application you specify.

Edit Note:

Windows Xp it called Distribution Folder.

Distribution Folder - The distribution folder option gives you the flexibility to add other files as well, such as drivers not found on the Windows XP CD.

image010.jpg

Wait a minute, isn't IE6 included with SP1?  Why do you need to slipstream it in?

ok....other updates since then

Im actually more concerned with the customizations i like to do...reg tweaks and such

Why don't you clean install a windows you want, install everything exactly the way you want it (software games etc) Tweaks everything the way you want. Then, create a HD images on a bootable CD. You can use that to backup to the states of HD anytime you want. The only problem is you can only use it on your computer because of hardwares conflict. But, this is a way to use on just for you.

Some softwares that can do it are:

PowerQuest DeployCenter™ 5.0

DriveImages

NTbackup

It writes a complete Image of HD onto multiCDs. You can use it as backup and its bootable.

Wait a minute, isn't IE6 included with SP1?  Why do you need to slipstream it in?

ok....other updates since then

Im actually more concerned with the customizations i like to do...reg tweaks and such

Why don't you clean install a windows you want, install everything exactly the way you want it (software games etc) Tweaks everything the way you want. Then, create a HD images on a bootable CD. You can use that to backup to the states of HD anytime you want. The only problem is you can only use it on your computer because of hardwares conflict. But, this is a way to use on just for you.

Some softwares that can do it are:

PowerQuest DeployCenter™ 5.0

DriveImages

NTbackup

It writes a complete Image of HD onto multiCDs. You can use it as backup and its bootable.

This will be used in my office as well...on many different computer configurations.

hence the need to slipstream it.

Well, you can do an unattend file and with all your preset and even .reg modify that is activate by .bat

<snip>

kinda new to the UNattend txt...is there a guide on MSFT or an example of it?

where do i put it on the cd... or do i use a switch during setup?